Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11 Season 6
05-14-2012, 01:03 AM
I do not have high hope for Season 6. It is more PWE telling Cryptic what to put in the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywiz
I disagree. The 2800 was probably my favorite FE ever. It was really fun, and the addition of the Enterprise was a great touch.
Thats your right... I still think that considering they had more than a year to make the mission, it's a weak addition, and is heavily in the shadow of Cloaked Intentions in terms of quality...

The final EP certainly puts the enterprise in a grand light.

"Theres another ship incoming... It's the Enterprise".
"Hi captain... Enterprise here... Umm... we are just gonna take a back seat here, while you do all the work... Don't mind us".
"BOOM..." Enterprise at 0% HP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-14-2012, 04:54 AM
The best missions I've played are foundry missions. Hands down they trump anything official Cryptic has put out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
hate for player made missions irreleventates your entire post. some of them are better than ANYTHING Cryptic has put out.
This amused me. Why am I paying the developers for anything then, by this logic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
You obviously haven't played many.
and you know this how?
Seriously, some folks don't care for them which is their right, your claim has no theoretical, logical or realistic basis that you can claim this and have it be anything near right.

I've played foundry missions, in fact, just got done with one, I still don't care for them all that much, because they're in my opinion a cop out for Cryptic, one which they're about to use to make us do their work.

If you must defend cryptic, the foundry or whatever, thats fine, but do so with sound reasons. The above reason, is far from sound since you have no clue how little or how much they have played them and how much they enjoyed them. Only the OP does.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
I've played foundry missions, in fact, just got done with one, I still don't care for them all that much, because they're in my opinion a cop out for Cryptic, one which they're about to use to make us do their work.
This is my feeling also. Foundry is an amazing tool and it's awesome that it was created. But it ends up being an excuse for Cryptic to add more regular playable content. The type of stories told in foundry are just not my cup of tea and sifting through the junk to find a gem is too time consuming.

With the lead up to season 6, you will see even less new playable content, and more reruns, foundry focus and community events. Season 6 will land with some flashy new tech, slow development will kick in, then another break in preparation for season 7.

I am really hoping that a resource injection stops this cycle finally.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
and you know this how?
Seriously, some folks don't care for them which is their right, your claim has no theoretical, logical or realistic basis that you can claim this and have it be anything near right.

I've played foundry missions, in fact, just got done with one, I still don't care for them all that much, because they're in my opinion a cop out for Cryptic, one which they're about to use to make us do their work.

If you must defend cryptic, the foundry or whatever, thats fine, but do so with sound reasons. The above reason, is far from sound since you have no clue how little or how much they have played them and how much they enjoyed them. Only the OP does.
You're probably right. It sounded to me like the OP just tried a couple of Foundry missions, didn't like them, and gave up on the whole system. If that's not the case, I apologize.

Maybe they are a cop-out for Cryptic. But I personally have run into some real great UGC missions, so I feel it's a cop-out I can live with (at least for a little while).

Besides...we get to create our own Star Trek stories! What kind of Star Trek fan doesn't dream of doing that??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-17-2012, 06:29 AM
I wish I could take place in the Foundry... Damn bug thats been around for months though still not letting me
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey_Wrong
as a lifetime subber since beta I find myself sadly dismayed with the current state of things.
Trust me, I completely agree with you. Although I may not be so disappointed simply because i'm an optimist. I have faith that they will integrate more fulfilling story lines into the game. They do want the game to be fun. have a huge world, huge universe, and star trek reality. Let's just give them some time. Think about it, just a few years ago we had nothing like this! Although I do agree with you wholeheartedly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-17-2012, 07:33 AM
The 2800 was awesome! There are also a couple of things that are time gated, and occur like once every 36 hours like the Borg Invasion of Defera, and a 5 man shuttle mission to The Vault.

Well... The 2800 was awesome.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:32 PM.