Lt. Commander
Infected Space in Shuttles? I think so...

From the youtube description:

Quote:
Recorded 3 May 2012 8pm-9pm AEST during a run of the Special Task Force mission "Infected".

Patch notes for the May 3-4 update for Star Trek Online noted a change that would prevent players from queuing for STFs in shuttle craft. This change was made so that public queues could no longer be the subject of 'griefing' by people who would join them with woefully under-equipped vessels.

Being that this fleet does not like having itself deprived of a good challenge, an intrepid group of Ausmonauts decided that the notions of shuttles in STFs had to be 'examined'.

And so, armed with nothing more than a rag-tag group of tiny shuttles, these Ausmonauts committed to a one-hour-long, self-inflicted 'griefing' through the first of Star Trek Online's Special Task Forces, merely hours before the servers came down.

We believe this could be one of the only successful runs of an STF with a full group of shuttles, and may very well be the last to have ever been attempted in Star Trek Online prior to the May 3 patch.

At the very least, those involved know they have lived up to the Ausmonauts creed: "Harden the f&#! up, Princess!".

Credits:

Hawkins@Koppenflak, USS Hawkesbury - Delta Flyer

Don@Don77620, USS Badass - Danube Runabout

OzzyRacer@OzzyRacer, USS Yogi Bear - Yellowstone Runabout

Kahyd@ChimeraAlpha, USS Rogue - Peregrine Fighter

Furen@Lordwolfi, USS Moya - Delta Flyer

www.ausmonauts.com

"I don't believe in the no-win scenario."
-James T. Kirk.
So, it could be done. Now of course, we can no longer do this... So we're turning our attention to doing the "Elites" in Constitutions. You may expect video of that as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Would love to see the Elites in the NX Ship!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Infected Space in Shuttles? I think so...

So, it could be done. Now of course, we can no longer do this... So we're turning our attention to doing the "Elites" in Constitutions. You may expect video of that as well.
Why can't you do that any longer? From what I read, you can't bring shuttles into *public* queues. It didn't say anything about limiting ships or shuttles in private queues.

And, what's the Ausmonaut's *real* motto anyway? "Shuttle STFs.. Powered by Foster's" :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Haha! That was awesome to watch! At one point I was gonna call "Cheat" on the whole thing when I saw a Dreadnought, but then I realised it was holographic. And, you Passed on a Lockbox? What Gives? :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Why can't you do that any longer? From what I read, you can't bring shuttles into *public* queues. It didn't say anything about limiting ships or shuttles in private queues.

And, what's the Ausmonaut's *real* motto anyway? "Shuttle STFs.. Powered by Foster's" :p
My understanding was that it was completely verboten, however I (and others) will be more than happy to be proven wrong! I'll give a private queue a shot at that tonight, and ammend descriptions accordingly if accurate.

"Harden the **** up, Princesses!" really is our motto. It's par-for-course that the fleet leader will - on any given opportunity - deliberately aggro absolutely every group on a ground fleet action or STF just to test our sanity. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d
Haha! That was awesome to watch! At one point I was gone call "Cheat" on the whole thing when I saw a Dreadnought, but then I realised it was holographic. And, you Passed on a Lockbox? What Gives? :p
Yeah, the Dreadnought was either Photonic Fleet or Fleet Support - not a player. Hehe. We did try to keep it in action for as long as we could though, because it's a sad day when an NPC ship is dealing more DPS than the entire team combined!

No comment on the lockboxes. My views are well-established elsewhere on this forum. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
You...click hotkeys with your mouse.

:p

Nice work.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
You...click hotkeys with your mouse.

:p

Nice work.
I wasn't prepared to remap everything on a shuttle I barely use. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
My understanding was that it was completely verboten, however I (and others) will be more than happy to be proven wrong! I'll give a private queue a shot at that tonight, and ammend descriptions accordingly if accurate.

"Harden the **** up, Princesses!" really is our motto. It's par-for-course that the fleet leader will - on any given opportunity - deliberately aggro absolutely every group on a ground fleet action or STF just to test our sanity. :p

Yeah, the Dreadnought was either Photonic Fleet or Fleet Support - not a player. Hehe. We did try to keep it in action for as long as we could though, because it's a sad day when an NPC ship is dealing more DPS than the entire team combined!

No comment on the lockboxes. My views are well-established elsewhere on this forum. :p
I test your sanity on a regular basis Koppen, just not in this manner :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Ausmonauts FTW!!

I'm proud of you Princesses! hehe
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Man if I knew you guys were planning this, I would have certainly joined up or encouraged another Ausmonaut group! Good on ya mates!