Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
The Typhon Class Mobile Outpost/ Carrier Class appeared in the Star Trek Game Invasion for PS1 It was is a a four nacelled Mobile Outpost/ Carrier Class Thats right a federation made carrier that comes with fighters known as
Valkyrie Class Fighters

**Mark I: the first version, visually similar to the Talon scoutship, is armed with twin pulse firing phasers firing from port and starboard, a single continuous firing phaser and a compression phaser from the nose of the craft. Ten Photon torpedoes, ten Quantum Torpedoes and ten Photon mines round out the player's offensive power, the weapons can be augmented by advanced technology or power ups.

**Mark II: Called the "Valor". Visually, the Orca cockpit is attached to twin warp nacelles projecting forward. Pulse Phasers, made famous in Trek canon by the USS Defiant, as well as more powerful Torpedoes are added to replace earlier weaponry such as Photonic missiles, disruptors, and improved mines.

**Mark III: In the final stages of the game, the player flies the UFP's most advanced Valkyrie fighter up to date with biorganic technology The sleek ship has a rounded cockpit with two thin nacelles arcing around the lower half of the vessel. .
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
The Typhon Class Mobile Outpost/ Carrier Class appeared in the Star Trek Game Invasion for PS1 It was is a a four nacelled Mobile Outpost/ Carrier Class Thats right a federation made carrier that comes with fighters known as
Valkyrie Class Fighters

**Mark I: the first version, visually similar to the Talon scoutship, is armed with twin pulse firing phasers firing from port and starboard, a single continuous firing phaser and a compression phaser from the nose of the craft. Ten Photon torpedoes, ten Quantum Torpedoes and ten Photon mines round out the player's offensive power, the weapons can be augmented by advanced technology or power ups.

**Mark II: Called the "Valor". Visually, the Orca cockpit is attached to twin warp nacelles projecting forward. Pulse Phasers, made famous in Trek canon by the USS Defiant, as well as more powerful Torpedoes are added to replace earlier weaponry such as Photonic missiles, disruptors, and improved mines.

**Mark III: In the final stages of the game, the player flies the UFP's most advanced Valkyrie fighter up to date with biorganic technology The sleek ship has a rounded cockpit with two thin nacelles arcing around the lower half of the vessel. .
Id love to see it in the game so much that I did this when I was bored:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...ghlight=Typhon

Sadly I dont think I'll ever get my wish, but its good to have wishes....
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2012, 05:52 AM
it looks good but the hull should be at least 40,000 get it up there with the cat cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2012, 06:13 AM
No matter how much you get it's just never enough is it?

We just got a Carrier, we need a new one NOW.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000

it also should have 7 weapon slots and a better turn rate, while we're at it.

There is that ugly Jupiter Dreadnought in the game. When will this become playable? (Maybe JamJanz can give it a do-over to make it look cool first)
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
it looks good but the hull should be at least 40,000 get it up there with the cat cruiser
Have you seen the Typhon in relation to a Sovereign? Its simply not big enough to warrant a hull strength of 40K:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/playst...ShotId,410172/

The stats I drew up are based on ships close to its size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000

Because no one can use the forms to discuss things they would like to see in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
it also should have 7 weapon slots and a better turn rate, while we're at it.

There is that ugly Jupiter Dreadnought in the game. When will this become playable? (Maybe JamJanz can give it a do-over to make it look cool first)
No... (read my stats, its not nearly as powerful as the Vo'Quv or Atrox.....) I dont want something OP just want to see one of my favourite ships flyable....

Also the Jupiter is ugly as sin and I am glad they arent using it much anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Mulciber-class Star Cruiser
05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Just to weigh in another viewpoint:
In the Novelverse, the Federation has build the Mulciber-class to serve as mobile industrial base for the Voyager Fleet that has begun to explore the Delta Quadrant in 2381.

The class: http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Mulciber_class
The visual descriptions reminds me of a Star Cruiser, particurlarly the Emissary-class. It is almost one kilometre long and equipped with at least 16 attack fighters. Wow!

The ship, U.S.S. Achilles, has six shuttlebays and large cargo bays on multiple decks. It has a crew of 560 people. The ship proved capable of completely repairing a starship that crashed on a planet!

In a nutshell: Even the Pocket Books novelverse has begun experimenting with Starfleet-issue carriers. One of them is part of the fleet exploring the Delta Quadrant in 2381. Awe-some.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2012, 03:57 PM
All i know is im done everybody wants 2 give me crap about this ship The Dauntless, The Sona Ships So Screw it im dont let the threads die and be buried in pages on back because iv tryed to give ideas for new ships but everytime i get, we dont want it or it wont work so screw it im done
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-14-2012, 04:07 PM
I've always loved the design of the Typhon, and the Valkyries. Mind you, I loved that game as well.

I wonder if it would be possible to put it in though, or if the rights to that ship is with Activision, who made the PS1 game?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Ships from other games cannot be used.