Lt. Commander
# 1 Engi D'Kora Marauder respec
05-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey peeps, hope this isn't too off the deepend for my first post.....

but I finally acquired a Ferengi D'kora marauder, and now that I understand the game a little better I'm gonna respec my original toon. A FED engineer with mainly doffing and elite stf space in mind.

Thinking bout respecing like so http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=king69_0
---
And my current loadout is:
3x AP DHC borg xii
1x Photon Torp borg xii
4x Aft AP borg turrets xii
---
xii MACO Shield
xii MACO deflector
Borg Engine
---
2x EPS xi rare
Neut. Hull xi rare
---
Battle Mode 3000
Borg Assim. Module
Field Gen. xi rare
---
3x AP mag xi rare

and...I've been considering going for the ferengi torp/mine/eps module....

Plz critique this setup, thank you in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonalan
2x EPS xi rare
It's my understanding that you gain nothing by having more than one of these, despite what they used to do before I started playing. You'd be better stacking two of the armor alloys instead.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Nice setup

i have a marauder with an engi captain to

my setup

maco MKXII deflector
Omega MKXII engine
Maco MKXII shield

3DHCMKXII phaser, 3x turrets MKXII phaser , 2 Quantum torps MKXII

1 EPS MKX purple, 2 x RCS MKXI rare
Battle module 3000, 2x Shield amplifier MKXI rare
3 x phaser tac console MKXI rare

changed power settings so i get 124/58/88/53 in battle mode.

this gives a very nice speed and turnrate, as u need it with DHC loadout.

when specced correctly, this setup can tank a cube or gate on elite, with full weapon power

make sure u don't forget hazard emmiters !

i use phaser in stead of AP, because imoa as an engi, ur changes to crit are a bit low.
Proc from phaser works better for me
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2012, 03:18 AM
just had look at ur skill planner, looks really nice

since u wanted some critics here i go

i would change some Boff powers

loose the Directed Energy Modulation... screws up DPS, replace it with EPtW or EPtS

for the engi commander slot i would set

engineering team I, EPtS II, Reverse Shield Mod II, Eject Warp Plasma III

no need for Aux to Structural imao, the d'kora is very strong by itself and when needed u always have the defensive mode (+ xx structural and EPS pulse !)
I also have that structural thing in a device slot (forgot name...) (reward from some mission)

for the LT commander tactical slot, i have 2 Boff's
one setup like yours, and one with HY1, CSV I, CRF II

the last one comes in handy at cure and kito (in cure i switch them back to 2 x CRF when first cube goes because else i get to much agro

the above is just my opinion and there might be better setups around.
i got to this setup with a lot of experimenting
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 03:31 AM
one last tip i forgot...

since ur mainly STF Space make sure ALL ur BOFFS are human and prefarably purple

Human Boffs have space trait leadership, so each one gives u an extra +20% structural repair
i believe they stack, so 5 Human Boffs is +100% Structural Repair
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 11:35 AM
First of all: use 3xField Generators (or at least 2...), and move the borg console to eng slot
1 EPS Flow is more than enough, there is no sense in stack 2 of them.
The rest of the gear looks fine for STF, but don't try to do pvp with that...

About skill tree:
Drop electroplasma systems to 6, the benefit from 9 is negible
Max warp core potential, is a cheap skill that will give u more energy boost that the tier4-5 energy skills.
MAX Starship Shield Emitters, that is a MUST skill.
Starship batteries to 3 o 6 is very usefull
If u are going to do some pvp, Starship Maneuvers and Starship Targeting Systems in 9 is a must, but if u only do STF - PvE u won't need them
Drop Starship Projectile Weapon Specialization to 6, and Starship Auxiliary Performance to 3, it will boost your heals (like transfer shield strengh, hazzard emitters, etc), u won't miss the extra 0.0000001% of critc of the proyectile specialization.
Max Starship Hull Repair, improve all your hull heal abilitis, and the passive hull regeneration

About boff skills:
U need 2xEPTS (I or II), u can chain them if do a keybind, so u will have a permanent dmg resistence bonus to shields
Replace polarize hull for transfer shield strenght.
Drop 1 rapid fire, for a scatter voley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmghost999
one last tip i forgot...

since ur mainly STF Space make sure ALL ur BOFFS are human and prefarably purple

Human Boffs have space trait leadership, so each one gives u an extra +20% structural repair
i believe they stack, so 5 Human Boffs is +100% Structural Repair
leadship trait in human boff is broken, dont do NOTHING at all. And the quality of the boff (white-green-blue-purple) dont affect space traits (like leadership, efficent), so is the same white than purple in this case.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
It's my understanding that you gain nothing by having more than one of these, despite what they used to do before I started playing. You'd be better stacking two of the armor alloys instead.
hmmm well i'm seeing they do stack....my power transfer rate goes up by exactly 140% by using two. Being as i'm running 3 DHCs and 4 Turrets, should I not be using two? Or maybe trade one for ferengi rule 62 console?

and as far as the human Boffs go.... I have 4 and 1 saurian for "efficient"
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2012, 01:09 PM
OK, I'm seeing that, too, but I had thought they weren't additive.

In any case, if you aren't swapping around power levels all that often it's likely still not worth stacking them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
OK, I'm seeing that, too, but I had thought they weren't additive. Perhaps they just have diminishing returns, being a % number.

In any case, if you aren't swapping around power levels all that often it's likely still not worth stacking them.
but i do believe it keeps your power level up when firing weapons...especially with DHC and their -12 drain each
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, it's easy to test, I suppose. Fire on a target with none equipped. See what happens as you kill it. Do it again with one, then with two, etc. From what I've read I don't think I'll be stacking them, but maybe I should see what happens for myself. I'll go do that now.

Edit:
OK, this is pretty unscientific, but anyway.

I was out in the Deferi area, fighting Breen. The ship of the captain I was playing was the Marauder FDC, and I have it set up for beam broadsiding.

I played in normal mode as I entered systems there. When engaging an enemy cruiser or group of frigates, I ONLY used tactical team and refrained from using FaW, a big drainer of energy, and EptW, a big boost of energy.

I did it first with no EPS consoles. I then did it with one. I then did it with two.

I noticed no worthwhile reduction of the amount of weapon energy drain when firing a full broadside, nor did I seem to notice that weapon energy "recharged" faster between beams firing.

Again, not scientific as I don't have quantifiable data, but this supports what I had read about these consoles -- that it's more for the transfer of power (e.g. going from full impulse into combat, swapping to a heal setting and back to offense).

More rigorous testing may be fruitfull, but you may find the benefits of other Eng. consoles superior to stacking EPS.