Lt. Commander
# 1 Legacy STFs
05-14-2012, 07:05 AM
I love the new STFs but would like to see the original ones returned as an alternative or perhaps a means of unlocking the current STF Queues. I do not feel the current version does justice to the story arcs or story continuity that were previously in place in the legacy STF runs. Any chance these could be modernized to the current game and put back in?

I loved the wow factor when taking newer groups through the old KA and they realize why the intro mission was as it was. They were a bit harder but still a greater sense of accomplishment and a much better story experience.

As for loot for the missions perhaps make it the same as doing the ground and space with a slightly higher tech drop rate, or perhaps a guaranteed common tech drop.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2012, 07:09 AM
I agree. And instead of directly reinstating the Borg gear items as a reward for each one, offer 5 EDC (what a Borg item is worth these days) for completing a full space-ground-space STF.

I miss the story! And the epicness!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Legacy STFs
05-14-2012, 09:57 AM
i too would like to see this, as i feel that the new versions are missing that immersive feel u used to get from the old ones
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
I would like them as an option.
The old stf was long(which some of us like, with story(yes that too) and we could have a nice casual run through shooting breeze over teamspeak and really enjoying ourselves.

We scheduled tham as events, as the place to be on the weekend with your buds in game.

I may be biased as I probably ran 200+ of the old stfs
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Old ones were good, story, actually made it interesting. And long enough to make it worthwhile when you finally managed to succeed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I would love to do this. Instead of grinding the same old STF's we have now I would love to go back and try out the old ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes please. Though I'm not sure how I'd see this happening, I like the idea but you'd get people joining whom thought it was going to be a quick run or something, then there would be confusion everywhere.

The thing that gets me about the current STF's in the pace, don't get me wrong, I enjoy jumping in and quickly tearing though one. When I'm playing with someone who enjoys the story though, the rest of the group has already torn ahead while they sit there and read, sort of intimidates the player who's trying the read the story, makes them feel they have to stop and catch up.

Re-reading what I just wrote made me a little sad, hope it makes more sense than my eyes are telling my brain.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Perhaps re add them without the Q's. go to the system and enter as a group as they used to be. Perhaps story, normal, and elite difficulty modes could be offered. Normal and elite are for hard core fans of them and story would offer a low pressure difficulty to allow people to go through just to get the story but no real rewards and or for practice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Completely agree, the game's now missing a lot without having the 3 original STF's in it.

They could even be used as some sort of level before people get to start the split ones, and elites.

SG
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Agreed.. I miss the story and the un-hurried pace of the old STF's. One could really get to know the maps in those runs.