Lt. Commander
# 11
05-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Totally agree. I've never done the old STF's, only the new one's we have now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Having just started doing the Elite STFs I would also like the option of seeing how they were intended to operate. They really don't make any sense to me as they are now. Having that story continuity might make running the new split STFs less of a grind.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM
I think it would be great to put the old STF's back in service.
Maybe even the old Starbase 24 fleet action also.
Keeping the current editions active also.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley77 View Post
Agreed.. I miss the story and the un-hurried pace of the old STF's. One could really get to know the maps in those runs.
Un-hurried pace? I did a few of the old ones. I sat back and started to read the story, when everyone started yelling "Don't read, minimize or you'll spawn mobs, noob!" So I did what they said since I didn't want to be a 5th wheel. Missed out on the story and wasted 40 minutes to an hour, on something frustrating.

No, I don't want the old ones back as STF's. However I think it would be great if each whole space/ground set were put together as a normal mission fitted into the storyline and set with appropriate rewards. That way one can go solo or with a friend or two, take their time and enjoy reading the story. I couldn't enjoy the story with either the whole race or chopped into bits like it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-14-2012, 10:24 PM
To be honest, having not played any of the old STF's I really don't know what I am missing but from what others have said here in this thread, I would really like to try playing them. I think the story aspect, while longer than the current STF's, would provide more of a sense of comradery / team work that the new ones do not.

I can't tell you how many times I've warped into an STF only to find 2 or 3 people just doing their own thing, not working together as a team only to make sure everyone else fails a component of the mission and lose out on the extra shwag.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-15-2012, 07:34 AM
I miss the old STFs as well. It would be nice if we could still go on them. They could easily bring them back and the only way you could access them is by the same old way without the que system and form the team and then go in.

Infected and Cure Space was a lot more fun than what we have now. I really miss the way they were.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart_Gold
They could even be used as some sort of level before people get to start the split ones, and elites.
Oh I like that idea.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFox
Un-hurried pace? I did a few of the old ones. I sat back and started to read the story, when everyone started yelling "Don't read, minimize or you'll spawn mobs, noob!" So I did what they said since I didn't want to be a 5th wheel. Missed out on the story and wasted 40 minutes to an hour, on something frustrating.

No, I don't want the old ones back as STF's. However I think it would be great if each whole space/ground set were put together as a normal mission fitted into the storyline and set with appropriate rewards. That way one can go solo or with a friend or two, take their time and enjoy reading the story. I couldn't enjoy the story with either the whole race or chopped into bits like it is now.
I agree, I'd like to see reworked single player versions available so we can experience the story aspects, but I think it more likely we'll see the original versions hooked up instead. Also, if they hook up the originals as part of the story progression you probably won't have the same rush as most of the get-in, get-out crowd are still going to be hitting the queues.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Yeah i loved the oldies and well they turned STFs from an Admiral's perk to a STF grind job. They kept the Terradome one the same with D'Vak why the heck couldn't they do the same with the Borg ones. They never turned Terradome into a grind mission.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-15-2012, 10:24 AM
What might be nice is to have the best of both worlds (no pun intended, heh): Keep the queued STFs the way they are now, for those who are interested in grinding for STF gear, but restore the structure of the old ones as coherent stories that can be accessed via episode replay. Just tone down the "legacy" story missions and reduce the rewards to what you'd expect for normal missions. Best of both worlds -- you play the STFs for gear, and you play the replay missions for story content. It would be nice to be able to actually get at the story, and you really can't do that with gameplay that is paced at STF difficulty.