Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Frustration among players
05-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I have been hearing alot of people getting upset, or complaining, or just getting mad over stfs in and out of them.

Why?

1. People keep losing STF's which causes people to be sore losers(I know this is obvious but it does have an effect)
2. People in STF's love to complain harshly to other people in an STF(which makes the STF no fun for players)
3. People love to play the "blaming game" in STF's(which again makes the STF no fun for players)

What players can do to enjoy STF's more:
1. If someone in an STF talks trash ignore them if you think they will cause problems for you later.
2. Report them if things get out of hand.
3.Leave the STF if things get extreme.

I know this is a problem that will never be solved completely but these things could make an STF more enjoyable

What can Cryptic and PWE do?

Alwways give an award even if a team loses an STF they may not feel they got what they wanted but it will be something( like a very rare or rare item or half a data chip(just an idea)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudedude12345
I have been hearing alot of people getting upset, or complaining, or just getting mad over stfs in and out of them.

Why?

1. People keep losing STF's which causes people to be sore losers(I know this is obvious but it does have an effect)
2. People in STF's love to complain harshly to other people in an STF(which makes the STF no fun for players)
3. People love to play the "blaming game" in STF's(which again makes the STF no fun for players)

What players can do to enjoy STF's more:
1. If someone in an STF talks trash ignore them if you think they will cause problems for you later.
2. Report them if things get out of hand.
3.Leave the STF if things get extreme.

I know this is a problem that will never be solved completely but these things could make an STF more enjoyable
WtF is this nonsense?

Let me clear this up for you.

People get torqued about STF's not because they want there to be some kind of artificial distinction between the elite and the normal player, but because this game's normal player is now, in my own experience, someone that has joined the STF to sponge off of the efforts of people actually pulling their weight while they pinwheel around in their rainbow cruisers staying out of combat range of the cubes and knowing that short of leaving, there is nothing any other player can do to mitigate the situation or force them to participate. They leave their chatbox closed, do not respond to team tactics, do not care about completing the objectives, do everything in their power to make certain the team either fails or cannot complete the optional, and then, after they have caused the Kang to explode because they couldn't be bothered to ask about builds, or whatever excuse they have for not pulling their weight, they want to argue about with the people that WERE pulling their weight.

That's why people get ****ed off about STF's. Not because BOOHOO WE LOST. Because these 'players' you are championing did everything in their power to make certain you lost.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
there are people who do want to win STF's and lose and get mad and hurt others.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2012, 04:14 PM
can't ignore them we have a right to complaing when players break from group

it is not that we are sore losers but we spent a long time grinding out accolades only to have ruined by pug not prepaird

is it my fault you lose option on KA elite ground at second elite drone then bad player quit

the problem is players need to unlock elite mode differently which I believe is coming

this would give all players ataste of normal and learn map which is key in Cure and infected

we have a right to vent I know I have been runing STF's since Septmber on tribble stiil have not gotten space or ground set and have all accoldes needed at times I have a right to be mad

but I don't care when new set comes I will be in position to buy it i have 240 chips at the ready.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Something Cryptic can do is make more STFs. Playing the same 3 missions over and over and over again, bored but with nothing else to do, THAT is frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 10:31 PM
And what it makes me mad. Leavers! They don't care about the penality. 1 hour is not enough. 2 will be better.
2 hours of penality for the first leaver. 1 hour for the second leaver. I'm sure some as**e would think about before leaving ...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2012, 09:19 PM
I've been having trouble lately distinguishing someone who doesn't get how folks tend to run an elite STF (e.g. taking the generators to 10% and blowing them up at the same time before hammering the transformer in Infected) from someone coming in just to mess with other players.

Just the other day I had a player pretend not to speak English while typing in English. It was good-natured fun, and the group had some laughs (we actually got the optional for KASE), but it's still an example of the random chance you take of what you'll get in PuGs. I've been having the feeling that people blowing up a generator early or forgetting to kill escaping probes are doing it on purpose. I know there are players flying rainbow builds for laughs.

It's a game, so if I fail to get a chance to roll on a few extra optional items I don't really care. I just wanted to post this observation and give more weight to the notion that anyone PuG'ing should check their ego at the door, take a few deep breaths, and render death unto some Borg while remembering how to smile.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2012, 09:55 PM
People have to remember too that their way of doing things isn't the only way and people have different methods that can achieve the same result. Most of the time its either a player doesn't know what to do or EGO's collide and counter one another... Maybe there needs to be a Deferi that pops up once in awhile that says do not be a counter to one another!
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Hmmm quick question.

If you ignore someone, you no longer see any messages from them in the chat box. This much I get.
Does it also mean you will never be put into a team with them again?

If not then, then it probably should work like that. If everyone ignored the griefers, AFKers and A-holes then they would eventually find themselves with no one to play with but each other.

Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-18-2012, 03:29 AM
i agree!!! i'm kind of new to stf's (although i was super hooked right away) and i freely admit that i'm still figuring it all out but i feel like it sours the mood when people either get judgmental of newbs and leave OR when newbs get frustrated and leave. i mean we are fighting the borg for god sakes. and on that note, i personally think it's a privilege to even have the opportunity to play out these fantasy scenarios we super trekkies have long held to begin with.