Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-18-2012, 07:23 AM
From what I've seen, some people need to grow up or find a game more appropriate to their maturity level. Twice I've been in elite stfs where the optional failed causing some l33t player to have an apparent seizure after spewing a stream of mispelled, semi-coherentt profanity into chat. I figure they went into convulsions because they would fly away irradically and sit out of range while the rest of us finished up.

Over the years I came up with a name for this condition; AGS (Apoplectic Gamer Syndrome). It only afflicts the most l33t gamers whose sheer awesomeness is such that the rest of us pray each night that instead of a girlfriend or a life, we had their ability to faceroll content at will while dressed as a Klingon. Such people, when forced to group with mere mortals, can suffer a feedback loop in their awesomeness that disconnects their cerebral cortex from the rest of their brain, resulting in foaming at the mouth and fits of rage. Unable to see through the spittle coating their monitors, the afflicted player then begins to fly like a
n00b, causing even more rage on thier part. In fact, they actually become indistinquishable from a n00b before ultimately becoming something akin to a 3 year old who was allowed to stay up way past their bedtime. A fascinating condition, but unfortunately their is no cure. All the rest of us can do is laugh at them while they are entertaining, then put them on ignore. So sad...

Anyway, frustration of any kind because of a video is a cry for help and perhaps a cue that it is time to step away from the keyboard. It is what it is and frankly, I woild rather do an elite with a bunch of nuggets than some of the "legends in their own mind" types that show up from time to time. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-18-2012, 07:45 AM
I think a chunk of STF frustration these days is players doing an insane amount of runs, but never getting the tech drop they need,.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
People argue "why get mad it's just a game". Which is true. But doesn't it take RL time to play it. When I first started doing STFs I did a couple normals and decided to try an elite. Didn't have a proper build and basically was dead weight. In short I F'd the whole thing up. So I figured out real quick that even tho I can que an elite STF, I'm not ready for them. I then went to the forums and researched build/skills and it all that. I learned how and what to do on normals, than moved to elites. All in all the fact is we can do whatever we want. It's up to you to do it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwgooch View Post
People argue "why get mad it's just a game". Which is true. But doesn't it take RL time to play it. When I first started doing STFs I did a couple normals and decided to try an elite. Didn't have a proper build and basically was dead weight. In short I F'd the whole thing up. So I figured out real quick that even tho I can que an elite STF, I'm not ready for them. I then went to the forums and researched build/skills and it all that. I learned how and what to do on normals, than moved to elites. All in all the fact is we can do whatever we want. It's up to you to do it.
There is no "proper build"

But it helps to get some practice and to say "stuff the optional" while learning
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
There is no "proper build"

But it helps to get some practice and to say "stuff the optional" while learning
So by that you mean a rainbow boat is a viable? Proper build = properly equipt = being viable. Taste the rainbow bro!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
I think a chunk of STF frustration these days is players doing an insane amount of runs, but never getting the tech drop they need,.
That's probably the biggest for most players and definitely myself.

It also doesn't help that players will just decide to beam out and leave the rest of us without a needed player. There needs to be more stringent punishments on players who do this.

It also doesn't help that you can do a hundred runs and not get anything close to the tech you need.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feydman View Post
Over the years I came up with a name for this condition; AGS (Apoplectic Gamer Syndrome). It only afflicts the most l33t gamers whose sheer awesomeness is such that the rest of us pray each night that instead of a girlfriend or a life, we had their ability to faceroll content at will while dressed as a Klingon. Such people, when forced to group with mere mortals, can suffer a feedback loop in their awesomeness that disconnects their cerebral cortex from the rest of their brain, resulting in foaming at the mouth and fits of rage. Unable to see through the spittle coating their monitors, the afflicted player then begins to fly like a
n00b, causing even more rage on thier part. In fact, they actually become indistinquishable from a n00b before ultimately becoming something akin to a 3 year old who was allowed to stay up way past their bedtime. A fascinating condition, but unfortunately their is no cure. All the rest of us can do is laugh at them while they are entertaining, then put them on ignore. So sad...
Just about 5 minutes ago - Cure Elite, Space.

Someone killed upper nanite at one of the Cubes so the Warship and Raptor spawned. That guy didn't warned the rest of the team so we noticed when those two ships got close to the Kang. After we dealt with them some other guy starter to spam chat with comments like: 'you are all noobs! tell if you spawn warship!'

I think: Ok, let him be. He must be 5 yo, so it's useless to argue with him.

The same situation repeated some time later, but this time when I got to Kang, there was about 3 BoPs, Negh'Var and a Raptor near him. I menaged to take down one BoP and a Warship and then I died. Three other guys destroyed 2 BoPs, helped me with Negh'Var and almost destroyed Raptor. When the 4 of us were dead and the Raptor almost destroyed, the fifth guy finally decided to defend Kang and destroyed Raptor. After that he started to spam chat with: Haha you all died and I killed all those ships! You're such a noobs! Go play normal noobs!

And it wasn't the guy from before. I ask, why there are so many so annoying kids playing that game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurianBrandy View Post
That's probably the biggest for most players and definitely myself.

It also doesn't help that players will just decide to beam out and leave the rest of us without a needed player. There needs to be more stringent punishments on players who do this.

It also doesn't help that you can do a hundred runs and not get anything close to the tech you need.
I know somebody who is viewing the utter lack of drops (besides of course, those will already full Mark XII's getting the proto drops) as something pushing her AWAY from STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-19-2012, 05:35 PM
You know, it may well be a game, but that doesn't mean I want someone messing with my enjoyment of it. If you were out at a restaurant or something along those lines, and someone was being annoying, would you get frustrated or simply go, "Oh well, that's what happens when you dine with pugs." My point being, while it is useless to go into seizure inducing fits of rage, it is justifiable to be annoyed when someone messes the stfs up. This is my leisure time, of which I have a finite amount. When it is wasted, it irratates me a bit.

Though really, the only thing that irratates me in elites is when someone messes up, the group shrugs and points out what was done wrong and politely instructs on how not to mess up further, and the player messes up. It takes willful stupidity to be told exactly what to do and then do the opposite. That, or trolling, and if your only source of pleasure is disrupting someone else's enjoyment of a game, do us all a favour and pulll the fuses on the electricity in your parents basement so we no longer have to deal with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-19-2012, 06:23 PM
The things that bother me about STFs:

1. Players. There's always at least one guy in my group who has no business being in an elite STF. He doesn't follow the lead of the people who do know what they're doing, and ends up making the rest of the group clean up his mistakes; or causes a failure.

2. The loot. I'm tired of green ferengi lockboxes all over my screen. And the prototype drops are seemingly more rare than they ought to be. This admittedly wouldn't bother me as much if other valuable loot dropped a bit more regularly, but that's not the case. 75% of the time, the only thing of any value gained from a completed STF is the datachip(s)/dilithium.

3. The one-shots. Somewhat rare, but still pretty annoying.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:10 PM.