Lt. Commander
# 21
05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Best thing to do is join a fleet with good ppl. Then STFS will be effortless. The only prob you will have is the loot drop. I still pug sometimes, but only for a challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-21-2012, 01:36 PM
STFs might be easy for me, and for many others. However the fact I can do CGE a hundred times and never even get a glimpse of a weapon tech is enough to just put me off.

Seriously, for all my other characters I'm looking at the outfits/set as "Do I want the mark XI MACO, or XI omega force outfit first on this char?" instead of "Which one do I want XII for?" Because of the unlikelyhood of getting them.

Now... say if they turned XII to using salvage/EDC's in addition to tech, I'd probably get more into the STFs/elite STFs again. Cause I'll have somebody I know, regardless of scoring a tech drop, I'll be able to work toward and GET that sweet outfit.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szponixx
Just about 5 minutes ago - Cure Elite, Space.

Someone killed upper nanite at one of the Cubes so the Warship and Raptor spawned. That guy didn't warned the rest of the team so we noticed when those two ships got close to the Kang. After we dealt with them some other guy starter to spam chat with comments like: 'you are all noobs! tell if you spawn warship!'

I think: Ok, let him be. He must be 5 yo, so it's useless to argue with him.

The same situation repeated some time later, but this time when I got to Kang, there was about 3 BoPs, Negh'Var and a Raptor near him. I menaged to take down one BoP and a Warship and then I died. Three other guys destroyed 2 BoPs, helped me with Negh'Var and almost destroyed Raptor. When the 4 of us were dead and the Raptor almost destroyed, the fifth guy finally decided to defend Kang and destroyed Raptor. After that he started to spam chat with: Haha you all died and I killed all those ships! You're such a noobs! Go play normal noobs!

And it wasn't the guy from before. I ask, why there are so many so annoying kids playing that game?
The answer seems to be: because it is summer kids are out of school.

I personally have found STFs much harder to pug in the last few weeks so I think I will be taking a break from them until fall.

Example: Infected Space Elite 1 person goes for right generator, 2 goes for left cube, 1 goes for left generator at the start. Result: huge mess and when no one has the dps to bring down a nanite sphere before more spawn it's time to call it quits but since you cant fail ISE I fly off to a corner and go AFK. 30 minutes later the 4 of them are trying to down the right cube but could not bring it below 90% all complaining that we would have had this match it I had fought.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-22-2012, 08:04 AM
To be fair, you don't have much moral high ground to complain if the extent of your contribution was to fly off to the corner and go AFK. Did you even try to give any suggestions to the group about strategy before you did that?
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Hmmm at the moment iím concentrating on getting the main story finished and then my plan is so set up a decent build and join in these STFs, of course iíd be a noob, but iím willing to read up on the mission before i join and defiantly wouldnít join an elite session without practice first or indeed with the intention on messing anything up. I like doing fleet events and always keep my chat open, i also join groups so that i can see their status, just incase they need healing and so on.

Although i must say, after reading thread after thread of people kickin off about people messing up their game, iím a little reluctant to join in all this fun.

But when i do, and i will . . iím not going to let some person mouthing off in my chat ruin my experience, i also wouldnít quit either as that would leave the team in even worse shape.

I donít know what the solution is, but there are some ill mannered people out there and unfortunately i think iím bound to encounter one at some point. Perhaps a stun button in the powers tray would help . . then you can render the offender unconscious ?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-3Orionis
To be fair, you don't have much moral high ground to complain if the extent of your contribution was to fly off to the corner and go AFK. Did you even try to give any suggestions to the group about strategy before you did that?
Every single STF I play I attempt to confirm the common strategy with the group but usually no one replies. This game had been no exception. For example here I always say "generators to 10% before blowing them." Similarly for cure I always say "Cubes last guys" before the timer starts.

When someone went the wrong way I did say "please all on one side" again no reply. Again, I've seen this a lot of times sometimes the person listens but usually they don't.

When spheres came out "focus fire on the nanites" again no reply. Now this one no one listens to but in most cases DPS is high enough to bring down the spheres even if it was not focused fire. One person even kept firing on the transformer as the nanite probes were healing it. Two people attacked the spheres that have spawned after the second generator blew (and getting killed repeatedly). The last person is dying and respawning continuing to make runs on the cube on the opposite side.

Only time chat came alive was when someone noticed I had stopped fighting.

As for my contribution I will ask what is there left to contribute at this point? I did what I could to try to get the transformer down before all the nanites got there including pop all cooldowns. Maybe another player can single handedly salvage this situation but I don't think there is anything else I can do at that point other than give up...

I am interested to hear if you have any suggestions on how to react in this situation other than warp out and take the 1 hour penalty across all STFs. The problem with that is someone will be queuing into this group and now they have a problem.

To the previous poster: You're not a n00b if you are willing to read to listen to what people say in chat. I've explained whole fights in chat when people reply with a why. If they don't know the fight but are willing to listen to the group I would play with any day. I do get frustrated with people who do not know the fight and are not willing to read what others say and when things get very difficult they turn and blame someone else even through they caused it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-24-2012, 03:14 AM
The problem is there is no way to distinguish between a good STF player and a bad one.
A good player could do only 5 STF's and fail them all because of a shocking team, whereas as a bad STF player could do 10 STFs and complete 9 of them because the rest of the team pulls the weight

Some sort of way to unlock Elite STF's works in principle, but those that dont want to learn or follow team orders/strategy are still going to play like that...

As frustrating as it is (trust me, I know as I do Cure (Space, Elite) multiple times daily to get the bloody engine tech) there is no way around it.
We just have to accept who we get is random, or make a private team and do it the old fashioned way....
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Fixing STF is easy. It's the easiest fix in the whole game.

Remove the respawn timer for failed STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-28-2012, 05:17 AM
If everybody new to the game would care to read guides written by more experianced players, and read some tactics before joining an elite stf.

None of this here would be an issue.
Everybody would have a propper built (yes there are builts, which are just better than others) and everybody would know what to do in an stf.
but sadly, the people concerning this post, will never see this post, because they don't care about how they play.

my suggestion: elites can only be opend privately...you need a team before you start one. public queus are a pain in the tushy and 90% of the time i wind up pulling rainbow cruisers through, that would not even care about the elite stf's if there wasn't an elite button to klick.
Another suggestion...reimplement the old STF's as the elite mode...if you want to be truely elite, you should have 2 hours at hand to finish one.

lets say you got 3 difficultys: normal...doable as rear admiral upper half only rewards MK X stuff
advanced...current elites only reward MK XI
elites...old STF's, slightly shortened (1h each)...but consisting of ground and space part. rewarding MK XII

i guess they were stupid enough to dump the old STF's anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nk3yb1z1u
Fixing STF is easy. It's the easiest fix in the whole game.

Remove the respawn timer for failed STFs.
Now you have to add in a fail condition for all STF's besides cure space and KA space.

How do you plan on doing that? Cause all the others you literally cannot fail. Can hit a point where you can't complete it for some reason (not enough people or damage, or idiots). But you can't fail.

As for Frustration. I think I'm literally getting burnt out from the STFs. lots of effort, mastered cure ground elite. And zero proto tech for gun. Hell, I bought both XI guns for EDC's before Armek decided to give me a rare gun tech, twice.