Lt. Commander
# 11
05-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Paying for FE would be the nail in the coffin for me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'd be willing to pay $1 per episode, or $5 for a series of 5 missions. Why? Because a movie costs double that and I only get 2 hours of entertainment.
The most I would pay is $5, and I would expect 10 episodes out of that, bare minimum, with proper voice acting, etc.

Nagus, do you realize how scary your post is for what it means in the grand scheme of things? This is such a slippery slope if you think about it. First +1 ships, then F2P, then lock boxes, and and then Cryptic charges for PVP and FE's? It sounds unbelievable, but if this is the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if the devs started to charge for access to the forums. So, Nagus, let me turn this around and ask you a question. If the devs starting charging for forum access, how much would you be willing to pay for it? And, I'm being completely serious, no joke.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I feel that any story ideas they have should be applied to run of the mill missions without the voice overs. There's a tonne of dangling plot that needs to be resolved.

But if it had to be pay to play, I'd say they should make them the same price as the lockbox keys in order to maximize the potential for impulse buys.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
So, Nagus, let me turn this around and ask you a question. If the devs starting charging for forum access, how much would you be willing to pay for it? And, I'm being completely serious, no joke.
They already do. You cant post on the majority of the boards unless you have made a purchase in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
They already do. You cant post on the majority of the boards unless you have made a purchase in the C-store.
Sorry, I meant an entirely different thing. What if forum access was something you had to pay for separate from the game. In other words, even if you made c-store purchases or had a subscription, you would still have to pay a separate fee to use the forums. If this were the case, would you pay for forum access, and how much would you pay for it?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Sorry, I meant an entirely different thing. What if forum access was something you had to pay for separate from the game. In other words, even if you made c-store purchases or had a subscription, you would still have to pay a separate fee to use the forums. If this were the case, would you pay for forum access, and how much would you pay for it?
Probably $1-5, although the situation you described sounds very unrealistic. On the other hand, paying for content packs(to which an entire FE series could be likened) is fairly common, even in F2P games.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-15-2012, 06:29 PM
i think they should just put more items in the C-store really.

But maybe if for every free FE, they released a Separate pay FE alongside it. And by separate, i mean SEPARATE, as in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY.

Then... Maybe, depends on the entertainment and reward value.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-15-2012, 07:27 PM
The only way Cryptic could get away with charging for Featured episodes is if they ramp up the story mission production in the game, but have the basic story missions like the normal missions, without cutsscenes VO and such and leave the deluxe features for paid FE...

Also they would have to increase the quality of the FE as well, as with the current FE in all honesty are not worth actually paying money for, especially when you compare them to stuff in other modern games.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
In the most recent episode of Priority One, the hosts were discussing whether or not they would pay for a FE series, since their future is currently unknown. With that in mind,

How much would you pay for a Featured Episode series?

After you vote, please share your comments
I'd pay my subscription!
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Gold people get it free, but Silvers have to pay just $1..
Closed Thread