Lt. Commander
# 241
06-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
STO has no intention of ever selling Feature Episode series as unlocks in the store. Feature Episodes are not "dead" and are not going away despite what Tumor (one of our environment artist) said.
It's not a tumor! It's not a tumor. At all!
Lt. Commander
# 242
06-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Dan, cut the FE to 3 ep arc or two parters and even one offs, there is no need for every FE to be a 5 episode series.

Also voice overs and cutscenss if there that troublesome do them sparingly and not each episode just for really important episodes. Also there really is alot of existing envirment and objects to use which still look good so as devs should know, reuse what u can. I for one would like to revisit some areas where there in low rank levels, but in higher mission ranks like pjem and other places. Reuse em please. Costs down, content up. Everyone happy as were getting more stories for less expense hopefully. Although i want to why you are so poor as a company if these lockboxes are racking he cash in.
Lt. Commander
# 243
06-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
STO has no intention of ever selling Feature Episode series as unlocks in the store. .
Agreed. you can't sell what you wont make...
Lt. Commander
# 244
06-19-2012, 06:58 AM
the most i would pay is 3.99 per episode going on the base price of most digital comics
4 or 5 arc 13 to 20
Lt. Commander
# 245
06-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
STO has no intention of ever selling Feature Episode series as unlocks in the store. Feature Episodes are not "dead" and are not going away despite what Tumor (one of our environment artist) said.
To be fair, Tummerboy just said that FE's as we know them are dead, but the whole point of his post was to say that story content was decidedly NOT dead. I don't want Tummerboy getting in trouble for this.

Honestly I think that the speculation in this thread comes from comments you have made about the high cost of FEs. And the fact that Season 6 apparently won't have them. And know one is willing to state that Season 7 will have them either.

Don't blame it on poor Tummerboy.
Career Officer
# 246 FE pay to play?
02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
The idea of FE's being pay to play stinks. We pay for subscriptions, we buy zen for the cstore and etc. I think there are enough revenue streams without having people pay twice for content.
Captain
# 247
02-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapne11 View Post
The idea of FE's being pay to play stinks. We pay for subscriptions, we buy zen for the cstore and etc. I think there are enough revenue streams without having people pay twice for content.
How much did you pay-to-play the new romulus content ?

Half the content is locked into the rep system.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 248
02-26-2013, 11:00 AM
I'd pay nothing. I'd rather they worked on actual game content where we, you know, play the game, as opposed to writing blocks of text that are really just filler. And I'd want to discourage the developers from wasting any more of their resources than necessary.

More actual playing the game, be that PvE or PvP or whatever. Less non-canon reading that wastes time. I have 28 seasons of Star Trek TV to give me story. I'm here to play a video game, not read a second rate e-book.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this was a necro thread. I realize that's a no-no around here.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 02-26-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Career Officer
# 249
02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
[Rolls into the thread while activating Target Optics and unholstering the [Zombie Control Compression Pistol of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and vaporizes this exposed Zombie thread!]

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)!

Thanks,

syberghost
Closed Thread