Lt. Commander
# 21
05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
I've already paid for content. Not willing to pay one dime more in that area. In fact, introducing content that I have to pay extra for would be another straw on the camel's back.
Lt. Commander
# 22 No Way!!!
05-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Wait, lets see if I get this... some of us originals already PAY cause we haven't switched over to FTP... We are getting CHARGED to open "lock boxes" that, well, really aren't worth the 100CP we're being charged to open them in the first place... and NOW the new concept is to charge for FE? AHHH NO! While I enjoy STO and have spent quite a bit to purchase various item, not counting the monthly charges, I wouldn't pay anything else. In fact, I would shut down my account and dump the game and make it a point to tell any gamer I know and/or meet to not bother.
I understand that they are in it to "make a buck" but at some point... enough is enough. Whats amazing to me is this grand trend of gaming outfits to charge more for things as opposed to less in a tough economy.
As if its not bad enough to pay $50-70 per game, its now the trend to make them online only and charge for that as well! its gotten easier for game designers to make a game and only worry about graphics more than content...cause hey, we're just going to make them play each other as opposed to actually coming up with a decent AI for them to play against...
Enough already!
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-15-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd be willing to pay for decent FE if it was the only way that Cryptic would be willing to continue making them.

I much rather support this MMO by buying Story content then wasting a dime on a master key at least I'd know where my money was going.

I'd be willing to pay $5.00 for a mission pack.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I'd be willing to pay for decent FE if it was the only way that Cryptic would be willing to continue making them.
Same here. If I could choose between getting them for free and paying for them, I'd obviously rather get them for free. But if they are not going to be able to make FEs at any reasonable rate going forward, I'd be willing to pay to have them more often.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Same here. If I could choose between getting them for free and paying for them, I'd obviously rather get them for free. But if they are not going to be able to make FEs at any reasonable rate going forward, I'd be willing to pay to have them more often.
Whether or not we pay for them isn't that important. There's some other calculation that is going into the cryptic justification matrix that we don't know about. KDF content should be enough proof of that. Many of us offered to pay for a KDF expansion, but they payed no attention to us.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I would pay $5 for a Featured Series, or a $1/episode...

My concern here is that they would be shallow on story and heavy on gimmicks, much like the last FE was...

Now if they were more like the first couple FEs, then that would be different but I wouldn't pay a penny for "The 2800".
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-15-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Whether or not we pay for them isn't that important. There's some other calculation that is going into the cryptic justification matrix that we don't know about. KDF content should be enough proof of that. Many of us offered to pay for a KDF expansion, but they payed no attention to us.
I disagree with that comparison for 2 reasons:

1) there are far more people who would purchase a FE they could play on their Fed than a KDF exclusive mission simply because there are more people who *want* to play Fed. The more people who would purchase something, the more likely they would actually make it.

2) the reason they are "analyzing" whether FEs are worth the time to make going forward is because they take a ton of time to make and they are giving them away for free. But if that ton of time required to make them actually resulted in a direct sale, it would be a completely different situation.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
I would gladly pay $60 a year if we were getting 4-6 high quality series per year like we were originally told we would.

I can understand why they don't want to do such a paid expansion though. Their model for F2P has been to give everyone access to the same content.

In the unlikely case that they consider such a thing, I would suggest maybe making featured series only available to gold members or people who unlock them from the c-store. Then, after the series is over, they would be available to everyone, although silver players who did not pay would have to wait for the reruns to claim the exclusive prize.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-15-2012, 09:14 PM
If it were $5-$10 / content pack, I might consider it. And I stress consider. I paid for a Lifetime Sub, and really I did that so I wouldn't have to pay for content as it rolled out.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Can I pay one lockbox from loot drops for each episode? ;D
Closed Thread