Lt. Commander
# 21
05-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
As a note... EMPIRE grew up to be CIVILIZATION by Sid Meijer
Omg, omg... Civilization was my first game I could play (well, before that I get to play around with an ibm xt-at compatible...and a game called Barbarian... But thats all I remember... )

Again, Civ is probably THE only game I have played for so long (at times I would still fire up Dosbox and then Civ... I already have some games I saved... ), and finished about 97% of 'em. Some normal ones, but most were on custom earth maps...

My prefered dificulty is Warlord and 7 enemy civilizations... But as far as race (or army, whatever) I dont really have a preference.

Ok, my games of times old...:
*Wolfenstein 3-D
*Doom I&II (+ several fanmade addon levels; the so called wad-files - I think that stands for World Addon files...)
*Command&Conquer 1& Red Alert1 (+ expansions, all of 'em; C&C1 Covert Ops and RA1 CounterStrike and The Aftermath)
*Rise of the triad (only the demo though )
*F-22 Raptor (the up/down scrolling shooter)
*BioMenace, Commander Stryker, Halloween Harry, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (by Apogee; these were all so-called shareware games...)
*Wing Commander III&IV (yay for Luke Skywalker!! )
*and ofcourse EGA Trek and VGA Trek (those still exist today, in some more modern version...)
*StarFleet Academy (by Infogrames, they dont exist anymore...)
and some more...

Yea, I can say I am a gamer... Not good at what I do, but a gamer pur sang...
Take my games away, and you take my life away... That is as simple as that...

greetzz
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tth3wk4n3
*Command&Conquer 1& Red Alert1 (+ expansions, all of 'em; C&C1 Covert Ops and RA1 CounterStrike and The Aftermath)
Ohhh yeah! I can't believe I forgot those early rts games! I think I enjoyed the C&C installation and user interface more than the game, though.

Also, Cryptic, GIVE ME HER VOICE!!! Not me, I mean, my ship. I want that for my ship!
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Then there was a large gap since my computer was junk and I was just a kid. By the time I got back into things, I was all the way up to:
X-Com series
MechWarrior 2
Wing Commander series
Loved: X-COM
Loved MW2 and MW2 Mercenaries

LOVED WC 1 - 4 (IMO, WC3 was amazing back in it's day) WC5 was okay. Loved Privateer too (same universe).

I really wish EA hadn't gutted Origin Systems as I think were they still around we could have had an MMO set in the WC/Privateer universe; and would have to worry about comment like "There's too much derstruction and blowing up of enemy ships without giving them a chance to surrender..."
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Pong , as played on an Oscilloscope (-2sp?)
Alaso

Guadalcanal 1942: Whatever you do, DON'T take an Atlanta Class light cruiser against a Yamato, it won't end well for you
Xwing Series
Wing Commander Series
Masters of Orion (except 3, which sucked)
Privateer
Naval Warship Gunner 1 &2 along with Naval Warship Commander which allowed some interesting ship design choices, up to an including my favorite.. Wave guns!!! along with 16 inch Gatlings
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Ah Winters nice AA cruiser LT .. I miss Fighting Steel Grand Atlantic Campaigns The hypothetical large German battleships scary stuff too .. But nothing like Yamato's 18's..
I didn't mind Graf Spee but Scharnhorst was my fav

Microprose Fleet Defender F-14
Red October sub campaign
X-Com ah yes ..COW DOWN its a Harvester mr Rico!

Colt pc 512 Gengis Khan by Konami !

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...E1-Q0RZUkZoVWg
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Some of my favorites were:
- Blackthorne
- Monkey Island 1 & 2
- Commander Keen
- Doom
- Duke 3D
- Pool of Radiance
- Adventure Castle
- And many others I can't think of at the moment!

EDIT: Argh! How could I forget Fallout 1,2 and Tactics. In fact, I still play Tactics Multilayer now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-16-2012, 01:13 PM
The most favorite dos games I can remember are as follows

Redneck Rampage
Redneck Rampage Rides Again
Tom Clancy`s SSN (I remember this I ran in a DOS window)

I used to run Titanic Adventure Out of Time in a DOS window, only way I could get more than 5 mins of game play in at a time before the game would freeze up.

Aside from that there were alot of old games I played that were backwards compatible in DOS mode since they were very early window`s games.

Civil War Generals I
Civil War Generals II
Half Life 1
Half Life : Opposing Force
Half Life : Blue Shift
Sim City 2000
Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics
Most of the Sierra hunting and fishing games
Then there was Need for Speed 3 which I just had to buy the pedal and wheel assembly to play which set me back $50 for the top of the line model.

Aside from that the other games I like are all post windows 98. The fallout series I didnt start playing till friend turned me onto Fallout 3 a few years back.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Having a mighty 386sx 20 with a 40 meg hardrive -

To be able to play the best games I had to have -

Qemm

But games wise,

Wing Commander 1-4
Any Sierra Games, but especially Hero's quest (think it changed it's name to Quest for glory)...

Ahh life wasn't so simple then, but immensely fun...

Oh and I never could get Ultima 8 to work on my machine and to this day, I refuse to play it as the specs were too high
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I just found a kickstarter page for Wasteland 2!! That's an rpg that I remember from wayyyy back before I could read. I stood no chance of figuring it out, but I somehow still had fun with it.

Note the rewards for the donation amounts. Cryptic, take some notes here!
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Did any of you play Tradewars back in the mid 80's?

Besides that some of my favs were:
Fallout
Doom
Heritic
Wolfenstien
Pretty much every Trek game
And of course Civilizations