Lt. Commander
Not sure if this is the right place to post it. But I think that Cryptic and Perfect World should jump on the advertising market and do some promotional items at places like 7-Eleven or grocery stores, cereal companies. I remember a couple years back Cryptic had a free shuttle promotion with 7-Eleven if bought a slurpee or what not. Granted it was a pet but the idea is to get Cryptic a new source revenue and for the players new toys to play in game. Not saying I want to see another shuttle pet I rather see consoles, maybe, replicator items, items to spice up the games, maybe playable ships? My point is instead of just using relaying on Lock Boxes, c-store items and monthly memberships maybe we need some promotional items from other sources. We all go to 7-Eleven and buy drinks and snacks all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2012, 03:46 AM
They already have Star Trek Mega Blocks, why not do some cross promotion there?
Also, every new DVD/BD release of anything star trek related should have some sort of cross promotion with STO.
These things, however, can only be decided by CBS.
Who knows, maybe they do something with the next movie in 2013.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2012, 05:35 AM
I wonder if Branflakes is able to do anything about this? He seems like a shaker and a mover. Even just to suggest it to the right person?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-16-2012, 05:38 AM
A flyable ship with a slurpee? Yeah, I don't see that happening at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-16-2012, 05:39 AM
How about scrapping the current prizes you get in these lock boxes.
Replace them with good useful items for a players charactor and with Mk Xll items for ships to help improve them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-16-2012, 08:03 AM
My point was to think of ways to get Cryptic and Perfect World more money that would upset the community less. I am not saying it has to be free ships, just give us other options other ways to help you all. I love going to 7-Eleven its starting to get hot over here. Time for me to start getting my Slurpee's again. I usually buy 4 of them at a time for the family. I am just saying it could be a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama2010
My point was to think of ways to get Cryptic and Perfect World more money that would upset the community less. I am not saying it has to be free ships, just give us other options other ways to help you all. I love going to 7-Eleven its starting to get hot over here. Time for me to start getting my Slurpee's again. I usually buy 4 of them at a time for the family. I am just saying it could be a good thing.
The big problem with your otherwise good idea is that 7-11 isn't everywhere. As I'd like to to support such a thing, I wouldn't be able to participate. 7-11 pulled all their stores from this district and a few others around a decade ago. No more 7-11 in said regions. Maybe if it were something much more likely to be everywhere instead. Which would pretty much only be Wal-Mart sadly. Pepsi/TacoBell/PizzaHut/KFC is another idea too. Maybe if it were shared through multiple companies?

Just some more supporting ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farginaut View Post
The big problem with your otherwise good idea is that 7-11 isn't everywhere. As I'd like to to support such a thing, I wouldn't be able to participate. 7-11 pulled all their stores from this district and a few others around a decade ago. No more 7-11 in said regions. Maybe if it were something much more likely to be everywhere instead. Which would pretty much only be Wal-Mart sadly. Pepsi/TacoBell/PizzaHut/KFC is another idea too. Maybe if it were shared through multiple companies?

Just some more supporting ideas.
That is the idea buddy! We need other Venders other ways for PerfectWorld to make their money, sorry to hear you do not have 7-Elevens they are all over the place here in Oregon.