Lt. Commander
What’s up with the Very Rare Reman Prototype missions.

Just did the Perfect Prototype Impulse Engine Design mission and I got the out come Good Progress and 10 Datalogs back!

The Doffs I had for the mission were Purple Development Lab Scientist, Purple Research Lab Scientist with Efficient and Revolve, and a Purple Botanist with Resolve. It worked out that the chances for the mission was Eureka 22% and Upgrade was 48% if my memory served me correctly.

The same thing happen the first time I tried to upgrade the shields. Is this some kind of ploy to get people to play those dam Vault missions again or just really really bad luck. If it happens when I upgrade the deflector I will be really unhappy. This means I have to play another 2 hours of The Vault mission to get the Datalogs back, then another 4+ hours to get the Datalogs for the Deflector. This is nearly as painful as the STF’s.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2012, 04:47 AM
I am glad to see that you have been able to play this mission. I can't see how anyone can have the opportunity to make a single item, let alone upgrade it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2012, 03:32 AM
And if you have a minor setback, like I did during my first attempt at upgrading to the advance prototype covariant shield, you loose 14 datalogs! Fortunately that was the only setback I had upgrading the entire very rare MK XII set. Glad I don't have to play those vault missions anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I ve got the purple mk 12 reman shield and deflector.

And i tried !! 3 !! times to build the purple mk 12 reman impulse, everytime i lost 8 datalogs and its not upgraded.
Ive got 3 purple development scientist with the hightest possible chance.

There were no problems with the other 2 prototyp. Why is there a probleme with the impulse engine?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Heh. All that effort for pretty crappy gear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-18-2012, 09:42 AM
basically I ran the missions to get enough for the initial upgrades... its 3 i believe, then discovered that the next upgrade took 10.... did the math.... havent done one of the missions since.

If the missions werent time gated it might not be so bad but It just seems more effort than its worth.

But your issue seems to be just a RNG issue. You will see it happen on tons of DoFF missions. Sometimes its seems like the best doffs dont give the best results. There used to be a big discussion about this in regard to critting colonials. For me at least when I am doing the the consoles, seems like I get better results with blues rather than using purples. In the counsaler exhanges I seem to get purples more using whites.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Make sure your total success ratio (Upgrade % + Eureka %) is as high as can be. 48% for Upgrade! is really low.