Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
More specifically Boffs getting stuck in curtain places.

For instance i have an Andorian engineering officer, whom when he uses his Cover shield ability often gets stuck behind it . . usually i get half way across the map before i notice heís missing, then when i make the journey back to retrieve him i find the fellow frantically twitching behind his own cover shield not being able to figure out just to simply walk around it . . honestly the man can remodulate weapons arrays and put a warp engine together with his eyes closed . . yet finds it a total conundrum to simply walk around a shield, sometimes i think iíve promoted him too soon?

Also this maybe due to a bit of game knowhow, since iíve only been playing for a little while . . but is there a way to stop Boffs on ground missions using their powers, and only use them on my command? What i mean is, that i sometimes set up an ambush, placing turrets, mortars and such, in places i think are tactically beneficial, only for the battle to start . . and my boffs respawn the turrets at their current position . . spoiling my plans to flank the enemy and get that precious little extra damage.

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys have had this problem, and what was your solution?

Thanks for the help in advance :-).

P.s . . i hope i've posted in the right place in the forums . . lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenguyver
More specifically Boffs getting stuck in curtain places.

For instance i have an Andorian engineering officer, whom when he uses his Cover shield ability often gets stuck behind it . . usually i get half way across the map before i notice heís missing, then when i make the journey back to retrieve him i find the fellow frantically twitching behind his own cover shield not being able to figure out just to simply walk around it . . honestly the man can remodulate weapons arrays and put a warp engine together with his eyes closed . . yet finds it a total conundrum to simply walk around a shield, sometimes i think iíve promoted him too soon?

Also this maybe due to a bit of game knowhow, since iíve only been playing for a little while . . but is there a way to stop Boffs on ground missions stop using their powers, and only use them on my command? What i mean is, that i sometimes set up an ambush, placing turrets, mortars and such, in places i think are tactically beneficial, only for the battle to start . . and my boffs respawn the turrets at their current position . . spoiling my plans to flank the enemy and get that precious little extra damage.

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys have had this problem, and what was your solution?

Thanks for the help in advance :-).

P.s . . i hope i've posted in the right place in the forums . . lol
I've had similar with my Engineer - although he actually gets stuck within the shield (i.e the shield materalises around his arm and/or leg).

Furthermore, I've had similar happen where my toon was stood too close to the engineer when he materalised the shield and my toon became stuck in the shield.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
I've had similar with my Engineer - although he actually gets stuck within the shield (i.e the shield materalises around his arm and/or leg).

Furthermore, I've had similar happen where my toon was stood too close to the engineer when he materalised the shield and my toon became stuck in the shield.
Ditto ! . . . i've been stuck in his bloomin shield too . . tried jumping . . running and couldn't escape . . the only way i managed to get out was to make him spawn his shield again . . and run the heck away before it materialized . . Phew!

Sorry to hear you've had probs too, at least i know it's not happening only to me, and i'm not simply playing wrong or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-16-2012, 07:09 AM
If you get stuck in an object (i.e. a covershield) just type /stuck into the chatbox and that should free you.

As for your boffs I would advise against giving any of them cover shield. It's just too damned glitchy and unreliable, far better to give them weapon malfunction imo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous
If you get stuck in an object (i.e. a covershield) just type /stuck into the chatbox and that should free you.

As for your boffs I would advise against giving any of them cover shield. It's just too damned glitchy and unreliable, far better to give them weapon malfunction imo.
Awesome, didnít know about that text box command . . thatíll come in handy, thanks for that.

And yep, i think youíre right, cover shield is gonna have to go . . shame really since when it is working, and i donít get stuck . . itís really handy cover. But yeah . . weapon malfunction it is . . gonna have a good look at powers later see what treats i can replace it with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-16-2012, 08:39 AM
That happens to me sometimes too. Very annoying.

You can disable them using that ability at will, by right-clicking on its icon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
That happens to me sometimes too. Very annoying.

You can disable them using that ability at will, by right-clicking on its icon.
Great news . . so you can disable the "Auto use" just like the Auto fire on the Starship . . . awesome . . i didn't know that, and thanks for the info . . at least now my boffs won't undermine my sneaky traps i leave for unknowing NPC's . . Mwa ha ha ha.

Sorry to hear you've had the problem . . and i agree . . it is really annoying, lets hope this is on the list for things to fix

Thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-16-2012, 07:43 PM
This is why I never give my Boffs toys to play with and never give them cover shields. Boff cover shields have been a problem for a very long time. best thing you can do is give him harmless items like mines, turrets or shield fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_mc_1 View Post
best thing you can do is give him harmless items like mines, turrets or shield fixes.
Those are "harmless"?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-16-2012, 09:05 PM
My first officer has never met a floor he didn't like to fall through.