Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Did Frozen yesterday with a friend, he was on the other side of the base, his Jemmie BO ran all the way back to my Female VA knelt infront of her, and scanned her crotch with a tricorder before running away again. Aside from BO's with miniguns going postal after battles, this was the weirdest s... I have seen a Boff do yet!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
My first officer has never met a floor he didn't like to fall through.
Lol that made me laugh . . i haven't had that quite yet . . i just get the twitching behind stuff syndrome, but thinking about it . . i did see another player running around earth space dock up to his waist in floor . . that was quite funny :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
Did Frozen yesterday with a friend, he was on the other side of the base, his Jemmie BO ran all the way back to my Female VA knelt infront of her, and scanned her crotch with a tricorder before running away again. Aside from BO's with miniguns going postal after battles, this was the weirdest s... I have seen a Boff do yet!!!
Boffs do some strange things, i think the closest i got to this was when i got incapacitated, asked to be revived by the away team . . one arrived and helped me . . then for the next few moments . . they all took it in turn to go the the place i was . . and try to revive nothing . . i was like

"I'm alright already"
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Never gave mine Cover Shield and had it replaced when they came with it, but I do have significant problems with them running off on their own and drawing obscene amounts of aggro. You know the Briar Patch mission where you have to find the experimental missiles and blow them up? That room where you're planting the explosives and have to fight four different groups of Klingons? My BOFFs thought it would be fun to run off and draw the aggro of three of those groups at once. Fortunately the ******* got killed before he could drag the fourth in so I didn't have to respawn that time, but it was a near thing.

You know what? I think I'm going to rename all my BOFFs "Lemming."
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2012, 08:53 AM
I've seen the cover shield madness. I simply replaced the ability with another for the BO.

Though I've seen the other glitches. Namely the "Help me!" then they spend the next several minutes taking turns trying to revive me. And the one where a Bridge officer suddenly decides to SPRINT to the other end of the map for no reason at all.

I've also seen once where my BO decided to not move at all, and just sit there like an ***.

The weirdest though, I put the first and second year party poppers, and the fire extinguisher, on my breen's item slots *for storage out of the way* And... then he started using them. all the time. Middle of combat? I shall spray you with rainbow dust instead of shooting you with my gun! It got so bad I was like "Yoink, put into bank. No more shiny toys for you!"

And BO's seem to love using the devidian triolic pattern enhancer thingy, after a battle.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
a couple months back, my boffs kept getting stuck behind open doors. It was like they refused to believe that they were open.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
You know what? I think I'm going to rename all my BOFFs "Lemming."
Yep i know what's thats like, this happens to me while i'm setting up my battle plan, and some boff with take a shot and drag all the enemies in . . and i'm like . . aw well, when in rome . . lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
No more shiny toys for you!"
Ha ha ha your post made me laugh, i would have liked to see that boffs firing fireworks at enemies . . but on the up hand, it must have been a distraction for them . . lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan_Reborn
a couple months back, my boffs kept getting stuck behind open doors. It was like they refused to believe that they were open.
Yep Same here, i like it when they just run off sometimes too, even when you give them a waypoint . . they seem to say to me S*rew you, i'm going over here.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Yes my BOffs are always getting stuck somewhere in missions
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I couldn't do the mission cage of fire because my BOffs got stuck so much
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake346
I couldn't do the mission cage of fire because my BOffs got stuck so much
Here's a tip I discovered: every time you get to a new respawn point, jump into the fire and kill yourself. Then you'll respawn with all four of your boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Sorry to Kinda hijack this thread, but it's regarding Boff's and their.....specialness!

Does any-one know of a way to stop them using their devices unless they're actually in combat other than taking them away from them?

Example: In the missions where you just have to run around scanning things/accessing computers etc there is no need for them to use Power Cells! I always make sure that all my away team have 20 Large power cells/hypo's/shields thingys each before we go down to a planet (Just in case, you know!) and as soon as we beam bown, no matter what the mission, they're shooting up like it's new years eve! I can understand it with the Jem Hadar and the Ket, he's an addict after all, but the others???

I swear, I left off topping them up for a whole day, we had NO combat missions, and they used ALL their power cells! thats 80 large power cells with no battles!!!

The space in my inventory is limited enough (even though it's maxed out) without having to ration my away team! They're Star Fleet Officers, not children!

Any-way, rant over, sorry! Any ideas, or should I just take away their toys?