Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki_Noodles
Sorry to Kinda hijack this thread, but it's regarding Boff's and their.....specialness!

Does any-one know of a way to stop them using their devices unless they're actually in combat other than taking them away from them?

Example: In the missions where you just have to run around scanning things/accessing computers etc there is no need for them to use Power Cells! I always make sure that all my away team have 20 Large power cells/hypo's/shields thingys each before we go down to a planet (Just in case, you know!) and as soon as we beam bown, no matter what the mission, they're shooting up like it's new years eve! I can understand it with the Jem Hadar and the Ket, he's an addict after all, but the others???

I swear, I left off topping them up for a whole day, we had NO combat missions, and they used ALL their power cells! thats 80 large power cells with no battles!!!

The space in my inventory is limited enough (even though it's maxed out) without having to ration my away team! They're Star Fleet Officers, not children!

Any-way, rant over, sorry! Any ideas, or should I just take away their toys?
Like the good man said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Yoink, put into bank. No more shiny toys for you!
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Lol, yeah.

Though stashing tribbles on them works out nicely. .
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-18-2012, 02:36 PM
lol! I didn't notice Kalavier's post there! and yes, each Boff always has 20 of each large device, and 1 tribble! I know that at least 1 of my Doffs ADORES hers! As soon as she's hit the power cell after beam down, she gives it a cuddle! lol!

To be honest, I think I over stock on those things! As I said, each Doff (only the away team) always has 20 of each, my inv has 80 of each (plus 20 of each of the "combined" ones that I use) and the Doff's that are not on my away team (5 of them), 1 has 80 power cells stashed, 1 has 80 Hypo's stashed etc, and the other 2 have a mix! Is this excessive? lol! How many of them do you guys pack?

ooh, also have at least 60 Shields Batteries and 60 Weapons Batteries for my ship too! at least I'll not run out any time soon, but I do tend to top up supplies each time before I log off! it's a habit I find hard to break! lol
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Given the nature of this thread is "Specail" Boffs.. I had to share this one as it my favorite.

Me and my buddy (who I just was just teaching how to play the game) where doing a few missions together. And randomly I was noticing a few fights were lasting longer and seemed harder...

I shugged it off and kept going, one time we stop after almost dying... I am having a WTF?!?! moment. Then what I do spy.. My buddies Bajorin Boff run out of the room shoot an enemy in the face and come running back to us for help....

I honestly don't know if this is an "as designed" moment or not.

Damn Bajorins....
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroscifer View Post
Given the nature of this thread is "Specail" Boffs.. I had to share this one as it my favorite.

Me and my buddy (who I just was just teaching how to play the game) where doing a few missions together. And randomly I was noticing a few fights were lasting longer and seemed harder...

I shugged it off and kept going, one time we stop after almost dying... I am having a WTF?!?! moment. Then what I do spy.. My buddies Bajorin Boff run out of the room shoot an enemy in the face and come running back to us for help....

I honestly don't know if this is an "as designed" moment or not.

Damn Bajorins....
Sounds like either A: Boff spasmed and ran off.

or B: Something I've seen happen a bit, which is an Enemy suddenly decides mid-fight, to RUNAWAY, then come back after a little bit.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
I've seen the cover shield madness. I simply replaced the ability with another for the BO.

Though I've seen the other glitches. Namely the "Help me!" then they spend the next several minutes taking turns trying to revive me. And the one where a Bridge officer suddenly decides to SPRINT to the other end of the map for no reason at all.

*snip*.
What? He figured out the reason they couldn't revive you was that all their tricorders batteries died, and he was running off to get some AAA's.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually the whole running off and drawing aggro thing is fairly common now. I don't know when it exactly it started, and I'm sure there'll be people chiming in and saying it was always this way, but for the first month or so my BOFFs weren't that bad - I mean sure they'd go through their hypos like junkies, but that just meant I didn't give them any more after their default number ran out. Then, all of a sudden, they're running halfway across the map and the running back and if they happened to go forwards instead of back they're dragging half the level's enemies with them!

...actually, wasn't there an update to the BOFF AI in the last couple of months that had them stop treating their hypos like candy and actually start using them in a semi-intelligent manner?
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
actually, wasn't there an update to the BOFF AI in the last couple of months that had them stop treating their hypos like candy and actually start using them in a semi-intelligent manner?
If thats the case, great, but they need to do something about the Power Cells next, or better still, ALL devices! lol
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-26-2012, 10:05 AM
In the Klingon mission you confront Torg, there is a pipe near the top of the very high ceiling which at least 2 Boffs every time have found a way up to. And of course they cannot find a way down but sit there staring at me like a wild-eyed cat and I am forced to finish the mission with half and away team.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Sweeping strike and cover shield are amazingly useless. And then there's "threat control" -- have a Boff you don't like that you want to see face-down a lot? Give them "threat control".

The only "through the ground" problems I've had were in Hromi cluster maps. (I even got to see "void" myself). I don't go there anymore.

Their mad "ferret on coffee" bouncing about makes AOE heals nigh useless for a team, I just use them on myself, if one of the Boffs happens to be in range, it's just a bonus.