Lt. Commander
# 11
05-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Omega View Post
let me know if I need to try something else--- when the trait and species respec is actually available.. I will be putting the efficient trait on my captain as I have had this character since open beta and didn't know what I was doing back then....
Be sure of what you're doing regarding this.

In terms of the Skill Points "saved," I'm pretty sure that Efficient Captain is presently not that great of a "buy." I'd consider Warp Theorist before it, although I've never been terribly enamored with the Efficient Captain trait in the first place. That said, I don't recall off the top of my head how much of a boost it is to Warp Core Efficiency, but I'm pretty sure that the trait is no longer the must-have it once was.

I would recommend taking a look at the Power Level Calculator to figure out just what you stand to gain from the traits, assuming they're ever set up to be reconfigured.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Omega View Post
so here is the test I did.. I am going to use aux power because I have no skills points in it.

Details:
I removed all equipment pertaining to boosting aux power.
My toon does not have the efficient trait. Does my toon need the efficient trait to get increased BOFF stats?
I have 99 warp core efficiency and 99 warp core potential (any other skill factor into this besides aux perf which I don't use?)
I have no efficient BOFFs loaded into their stations

+25 power in aux, my power setting is 39/25.
+1 efficient BOFF = 39/25
+2 efficient BOFF = 40/25
+3 efficient BOFF = 41/25
+4 efficient BOFF = 41/25
+5 efficient BOFF = 42/25

+50 power in aux, my power setting is 59/50
+1 efficient BOFF = 59/50
+2 efficient BOFF = 59/50
+3 efficient BOFF = 60/50
+4 efficient BOFF = 60/50
+5 efficient BOFF = 61/50

Question.. have I thought of everything, and do these increases (where each BOFF is +7.5 to Warp Core Efficiency skill) actually reflect the power level increases I am receiving? Previously, you would get a full +5 power to the subsystem for 1 efficient BOFF.. now, you get +2 for two BOFFs at +25 power level and +2 with 5 efficient BOFFs at +50 power level....

let me know if I need to try something else--- when the trait and species respec is actually available.. I will be putting the efficient trait on my captain as I have had this character since open beta and didn't know what I was doing back then....
The individual bonus you get from traits are small. You';ll only see a small increase in power fby adding +5 or +75. But they stack from every source. The power setting bonuses are determined by the total amount of skill bonus that your character has. You captain skills, captain traits, BOFF traits, and equipment bonus to the skills all are added together to determine the total amount.

And there are two different types of power setting bonuses. One is a fix amount of increased bonus. You can ge there from Engineering Consoles and the <Subsystem> Performance Captain skills. The second type of bonus is Efficiency or Efficient. These amount of the power setting bonus is dependent on your power setting. It's a sliding scale ranging from +0 at power setting 75 down to the maximum bonus at power setting 25 To make it clear you will not get any power setting bonus from Efficient skills at power settings of 75 or more.

End if you want a more in depth treatment of ship power, see my "Beginner's Guide to Ship's Power". Link is in my .sig below.