Lt. Commander
# 141
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnhawk
Why can't we go BACK? I mean, not "ST:Enterprise" back, but between the movie era and TNG? I, for one, would have very much liked to have seen "ST:Excelsior", telling the tale of Hikaru Sulu's tenure as Captain of the Excelsior. in my opinion, there is a HUGE story gap canon-wise which would allow considerable latitude in storytelling.

Unfortunately, George Takei is now arguably too old to play the role again. I found it interesting that Tuvok from Voyager served under Sulu. Also worthy of note was the presence of now-commander Janice Rand among the BOFFs.

IIRC, a choice was made between two possible storylines. One gave us Enterprise. The other was Excelsior.

From a production standpoint, this series would have the advantage of being able to use previously developed models, sets, and costumes, that were fully amortized many years ago.

After thinking about this, I bet George would be all over this, no matter his advanced age. And I STILL want to see it. Anybody with me?
Nah I would rather want to know about what happened with the Enterprise B. Because I have one in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 142
06-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnhawk
Why can't we go BACK? I mean, not "ST:Enterprise" back, but between the movie era and TNG? I, for one, would have very much liked to have seen "ST:Excelsior", telling the tale of Hikaru Sulu's tenure as Captain of the Excelsior. in my opinion, there is a HUGE story gap canon-wise which would allow considerable latitude in storytelling.
What about the ringship Enterprise? Poor thing always gets forgotten about.