Career Officer
# 21
08-31-2012, 12:53 AM
I finally get a week off work and try to play but get this $&?*!(g problem to contend with instead.

Tried the new patchclient but no joy.
Career Officer
# 22
08-31-2012, 12:59 AM
this approach has worked in the past, but not for me at this time
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Ensign
# 23
09-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Please, can anyone upload the new version of the launcher? the above mentioned launcher didnt work for me.
Ensign
# 24
09-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I just reinstalled the game and i tried to play it and the launcher will not update. and i believe that this rar. file will not work in my case plus i cannot even contact pwe support for whatever reason i cannot figure out. but any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Ensign
# 25 Frustrated
10-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
This is a solution for the patchlient error,this Star Trek Online.exe was uploaded by BDS.But he's using rapidshare.Now I'm reupload it in mediafire incase there's some people who can't download the rapidshare version file.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=130

It's in a rar (launcher version 2012.11.1914,rar filesize 2.66 mb,real file size 8.47 mb). Just copy and paste the file to the Stra trek online folder (or just use find target/open file location in the shortcut properties)

http://www.mediafire.com/?au9ssbhu7j222fa

Enjoy and thanks BDS for the upload.
This solution still did launch my game. Man i am frustrated to the power of infinity now
Ensign
# 26
10-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Hello, sorry my english is not very good, I'm using google translator. I also downloaded the Star Trek F2P in amazing 27 hours, and I have the same problem as most of you. Have you downloaded the file. Shown RAR forum, I copied the same directory to the game directory but do not know if I did correctly, if not too much to ask you, would you try to help me. Already grateful.
Ensign
# 27 quick fix
12-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone ive been playing around with my copy as i had the same problem and i found an easy quick way round it look in the drive for the cryptic studios file once in it you need to find the file called game client. open it and presto the game starts.
so i went to d:/ then opend cryptic studios
then open the folder inside called star trek online
then open the live folder
then scroll down to game client
ive added it to my desktop as a shortcut works so far
Ensign
# 28
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I just tried that and I still cannot connect. I keep receiving either the patch server error from the launcher, or the account server error from the gameclient.
Ensign
# 29 error in game cant type
04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
KK ive been dealing with this now about 2 weeks I can play the game even when the error is there and I know i have the error when i go to send messages it wont let me type i can still play the game just cant type.. Ill then go to the icon for the game and when I click it the game shuts down and i get an error message. I am useing windows 8 dont know if that means anything.