Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about Duty Doffs
05-16-2012, 11:20 PM
So I have been in the game 12 days now and reached VA started STFs etc and I have figured out most of the game so far. Since I am a DPS tank cruiser I was thinking that for my doff slots I should buy 3 Shield doffs and 2 hull repair type Doff guys off the exchange. So my question is as follows.

Can I improve a doff aka give it better bonuses to the sheilds etc?

Are there different types of shield Doffs?

If there are differant types which are best for the tank role and if I can increase the bonus they yield how do I do so?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaraldaemonbane
Nope.

Quote:
Are there different types of shield Doffs?
Not yet, but Heretic is planning on introducing additional active duty powers to more specializations in the future. (Currently, only Conn Officers have multiple possible powers.)

Quote:
If there are differant types which are best for the tank role and if I can increase the bonus they yield how do I do so?
Don't really know about that, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
So I have been in the game 12 days now and reached VA started STFs etc and I have figured out most of the game so far. Since I am a DPS tank cruiser I was thinking that for my doff slots I should buy 3 Shield doffs and 2 hull repair type Doff guys off the exchange. So my question is as follows.

No, but they come in differing qualities. Purple > Blue > Green > white. The higher the quality, the better the doff. Some will have higher chance to proc. Others will have higher magnitude of effect. Some, both. This depends on the specific ability in question. I'm not exactly sure for shield distribution doffs. Also, some can stack, and others can't. So purples will obviously be more expensive on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2012, 11:30 AM
Also a common mistake is that people think 2 20% chance Doffs give them a 40% when its 2 chances at 20%...if that makes sense.