Lt. Commander
Hey there, I could use some help. My engineer recently got an Atrox to replace his old freebie Odyssey. Personally I love the thought of using my subsystem attacks to wreak havoc on my foes, but I could use some help to refine my skill points, officer abilities, and equipment to make sure I do well in elite pve and stfs.

My planned set up is here (basically my Ody set up with the use of the flow capacitors skill instead of the attack patterns one)

Iím planning on running with six phaser arrays in the weapons slots and the Danube and Peregrine hangars.

Boff abilities
Tactical: Tactical team 1 and attack pattern beta 1
Engineering: Emergency to Shields 1, Reverse shield polarity 1, and Aux to SIF 2
Science Lc: Tractor beam 1, Science team 2, and Transfer Shield strength 3
Science C: Polarize Hull 1, Transfer shield strength 2, Hazard Emitters 3, and Energy siphon 3

Doff: 2 conn officers buffing tactical, 1 conn buffing evasive, one energy weapons, 1 damage control, and one warp core

Tactical consoles: 2x blue phaser relays XI
Engineering: 2x blue EPS flow regulators XI , blue electro ceramic hull plating XI
Science: Assimilated Module, blue Emitter Array XI, blue Shield Emitter Amplifier XII, Blue biofunction monitor XI

Shields: MACO Shields
Engine: Borg
Deflector: Borg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First edit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Just one thought: You seem to have too few hull healing powers, which will likely kill this ship quickly in a 1v1.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2012, 01:41 AM
What do you mean? Aux to SIF 2, Hazard Emitters 3, Borg Proc and Miracle Worker. What more do you want?
Engineering Team would intervere with Tactical Team.

Personally I would slot 2 purple Tactical Team-Conn Officer Doffs, so you can roll with only Tactical Team 1, and free up the Lt. Tactical slot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
What do you mean? Aux to SIF 2, Hazard Emitters 3, Borg Proc and Miracle Worker. What more do you want?
[...]
Something that can be triggered more often. Such as Eng Team. Yes, that means the ship will not be able to constantly tacteam when hull is critically low. But when that is the case, your shields are very likely down anyway, so TacTeam will loose much of its value then.

I would also propose to have at least one Sci Team and get rid of Tac Team2 in favor of something more DPS-augmenting.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2012, 04:11 AM
I do have science team 2, but the duty officers are something I'm looking into. In that case I'll drop tac 2 for attack pattern beta to make use of the skill buff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-17-2012, 07:03 AM
ummm...

kind of a odd build. First let me ask this, what are you going after? Surviveability? Crit? Support? Crowd control?

This will help me, help you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2012, 07:27 AM
If I had that ship I'd probably go full support with it like this...
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=atroxlol_0
Grab 2x Shield Distribution officers(blue or purple) and 2x Damage Control Engineer (blue) and 1 x Damage Control Engineer (green)

For eng consoles one EPS and 2 Neutronium alloys, for sci consoles 1 Field Generator and 3 Emitter Arrays...
I'd put the borg console in a tac slot, after all your pets are doing most of the damage, not you

Get aux power to 125 and balance the rest between shields and weapons, although I'd ignore weapon power completely and just go with shields and aux but that's just me... I hope this helps
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Mongoson: I would say I wanted a balanced build focusing on surviveability and support. I really want to lock down those tactical cubes while my teammates/fighters beat it to death. Unfortunately, whenever that happens I have either too many survival abilities to the point where they don't get used, or too few and the cube rips me apart in moments.

BlindSavior: You are right, I should focus a little less on my own DPS as my fighters are technically doing it for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2012, 08:05 AM
I would drop Aux to Stu for EPtS III , cycling two EPtS will do more to protect you hull than chipping away at it every 15. seconds. Besides, it's sucking power away from your science powers that are buffing your fighters/TSS/Hazzard Emitters.

Perhaps drop tractor beam for Tachyon Beam and pretend it's a 4th front weapon or keep the tractor beam to hold targets in your broad side. I can only see tractor beam being useful if you have alot of other holds like runabouts or Gravity well/etc. Just saying Tachyon beam will support your fighters from 10km away.

Looks like the "strategy" from the set up would be dropping the enemy's shields and staying alive while fighters do the work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Something that can be triggered more often. Such as Eng Team. Yes, that means the ship will not be able to constantly tacteam when hull is critically low. But when that is the case, your shields are very likely down anyway, so TacTeam will loose much of its value then.

I would also propose to have at least one Sci Team and get rid of Tac Team2 in favor of something more DPS-augmenting.
I thought AuxToSIF has a very short cooldown.
Although it's more resist than heal I suppose.