Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Cosmetic options
05-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Are the Caitian cosmetic options that are unlocked strictly for Captains, or do they apply to Bridge Officers? I have Catian officers on some of my Federation crews....
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Im still waiting for that change specie and respec token in C store
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Yeah, eight (smallish, no big swaths) color patterns, the Caitian mohawk and there's now a cropped (amputated) tail option I never noticed before, and unlike the others doesn't seem to require the Ferasan pack to use.
I noticed that a few days ago - but it wasn't there when I created the character. Was it sneaked into a previous patch somewhere?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I cannot justify buying a new species in a faction that has been left for dead by cryptic. if we had details on what the caitian mods the feds get from this, then that would be different...
Lmao! Well said Cryptic just copy/pasted the FED' cat species, made minor visual alterations, and passed it on to KDF. No no these are "new", really... and just for you xD
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2012, 12:25 PM
The dilithium vendor in the KDF shipyard has been Ferasan for some time, and I've often wondered if they were going to add it as a playable race.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2012, 12:29 PM
The cropped tails went in when they added the hairstyles last? patch.

This applies to Caitian options, not Ferasan.

Males got 8 patterns to apply to the face. First 4 are just some small highlights around the eyes. Last 4 are facial patterns. They also got the new mohawk hairstyle. They did not get any of the nose piercings, or earrings the male Ferasans can use. Nor did they get any of the new beard/mouth accessories.

Females also received the same 8 facial patterns and the mohawk hairstyle. They did not get any of the Ferasan earring options, only the same ones they had previously.

So all told 8 facial patterns and the mohawk.

Of the patterns:
1) rings/highlights around both eyes
2) ring/highlight around right eye.
3) ring/highlight around left eye.
4) a sort of egyptian looking highlight to both eyes, it's around the eyes then stretches out to a point just under the ears. Reminds me of some kind of superhero eye paint thing. I dunno.
5) jagged vertical full face stripes. Reminds me of Darth Maul.
6) something that looks like claw marks over the right eye
7) something that looks like claw marks over the left eye
8) polka dots... ok not sure what to call it. tiny little dots all over the face. Also they're very light in color even with maximum contrasting colors. IE black dots on white cat.

Hope that helps.

ETA: If any Devs read this, how about making the mercenary outfit cross-factional since you didn't give Ferasans a unique uniform option? They really shouldn't be in KDF uniforms...
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Werl, looks like I'll just have to draw an epic beard on my kitty with a marker!
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
sorry but these do not look very trek like , what is this game becoming ? . looks more like something like what would be in Babylon5 not startrek :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemcgee View Post
So far all I've seen are patterns for the face and one new hair selection (Mohawk). At least, I'm pretty sure these weren't in there before... been a while since I created him.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ir5j5f.jpg
I will pass then