Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Lt. Commander
There are two Fed ultra rare Flight Deck Officer doffs, one from the normal doff pack and one from the gamma pack (Kel and Kwim).

Each doff gives a 33% chance for additional shuttles to launch when activating the boarding party BO ability. In my experience it seems to roll for each shuttle launched vs rolling on the ability activation.. Meaning you get between three and six shuttles with one FDO slotted on each BP activation.

My question is: Do these two FDOs stack?

Is there a chance to have up to nine total shuttles launch with a single BP activation?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Hmmm... Does anyone even have both purple Fed FDOs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2012, 07:16 AM
I haven't even gotten one. And I have Boarding Party 3 for dicking around; I'd flip boffs around to use Aux2SIF3 is my main Comm Eng skill when I'm serious.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterbabylon View Post
I haven't even gotten one. And I have Boarding Party 3 for dicking around; I'd flip boffs around to use Aux2SIF3 is my main Comm Eng skill when I'm serious.
Personally I found that sending a boarding party to a borg cube can be quite effective in STFs, especially when my FDO helps double the number of shuttles going. They seem to be effective in shutting down an enemy’s weapons and other systems for long periods of time.

I use BP 1 and BP 3 on my ship. Combined they allow relatively short windows of activity for an enemy and keep them "locked down" for long periods of time.. In addition to the hull and crew damage.

Having up to 9 shuttles instead of up to 6 would seem to be even more effective in my book, if it was possible to stack the purple FDOs.

Though I have a BO with AUX2SIF3 as well if I wanted to use them in place of the one with BP3.. I found that healing is not needed as much when the enemy does not get to shoot at you much.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
I chose to spend a decent chunk of real cash for DOFF packs to get Kel. I chose to spend another decent chunk of cash on Gamma DOFF packs but still did not get Kwim.

I had hoped someone had both DOFFs to confirm if they stacked or not before I go and spend more.

Perhaps Heretic may know the answer please as he has all the back end data?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
I chose to spend a decent chunk of real cash for DOFF packs to get Kel. I chose to spend another decent chunk of cash on Gamma DOFF packs but still did not get Kwim.

I had hoped someone had both DOFFs to confirm if they stacked or not before I go and spend more.

Perhaps Heretic may know the answer please as he has all the back end data?
Pretty sure the effects would stack, but I would have to look at the data to be absolutely sure.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Heretic, thank you very much for the reply.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Pretty sure the effects would stack, but I would have to look at the data to be absolutely sure.
Heretic, I have some doubts that they do indeed stack.

I chose to spend $25 on Gamma Doff packs last evening (on top of the earlier $75) but did not get Kwim. I was able to purchase her off the exchange for 22,000,000 EC.

I then went out and did STFs using my Galor with both FDOs active. I have both BP 1 and BP 3. The tool tip over the BP icons shows the 33% chance for extra shuttles twice (which it should I figure).

Thus far I have not seen more than 6 shuttles come out. In most cases it is 4.

I will do further testing to see if that 7th, 8th, or 9th shuttle ever launches or not.. But in my experience (unless my luck is really bad) the two purple ultra rare Fed FDOs do not seem to stack at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Heretic, I have some doubts that they do indeed stack.

Thus far I have not seen more than 6 shuttles come out. In most cases it is 4.

I will do further testing to see if that 7th, 8th, or 9th shuttle ever launches or not.. But in my experience (unless my luck is really bad) the two purple ultra rare Fed FDOs do not seem to stack at this time.
I will try to find some time to take a look at it, but I would be extremely surprised if it didn't stack since making them not stack would actually have been quite a bit more complicated. That being said, the statistical odds to get all of them out at once would be extremely small.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-08-2012, 05:39 PM
It stacks, but when you have more than one FDO it gets a little wonky some times. Dont ask me why, but I've seen my ship launch anywhere from 4 - 9 shuttles on procs. I'm guessing the low end is usually when I'm low on crew, but a full 9 is possible.