Lt. Commander
# 1 Swarm Missiles working?
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Does anyone else find it difficult to know when your Swarm Missiles on your Ferengi D'Kora Marauder are active? I have the Battle Module 3000 and the Swarm Missiles key binded separately.

When I hit the key bind for the Battle Module 3000 I should have the option to either activate the Swarm Missiles or the EMP, however when I try to activate the Swarm Missiles with the separate key bind it denies me. The EMP key bind seems to activate just fine.

I am using the in game provided key bind system. The Swarm Missiles key bind seems to be “greyed out” but activates only when it wants to, in spite of an activated Battle Module 3000.

Does this sound like bug or am I missing some special condition that is needed to activate The Swarm Missiles even while the Battle Module 3000 is fully activated?

I would think the once you have activated the Battle Module 3000 that both the choices of both Swarm Missiles and EMP would not be “greyed out.”
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Swarms are an offensive ability and cannot be dumbfired, meaning you must have a target selected. IIRC they also have a 90° firing arc, like any torpedo. I've never been unable to fire them when they're trained on a selected target.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostzephyr
Swarms are an offensive ability and cannot be dumbfired, meaning you must have a target selected. IIRC they also have a 90° firing arc, like any torpedo. I've never been unable to fire them when they're trained on a selected target.
Thanks! I will try that out tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Also, The Swarm Missiles only work in battle mode and not the defensive mode. and vice versa with the EMP - Not sure if this a "Duh" statement but I opened my D'kora earlier today and it took me 30 mins to realise this.