Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Have no desire to be forced into using LCARS. It is one of those interfaces that is meant to look cool, not be functional.
YOu can use the style and make something different.All designers on this planet did it with cars ,clothes ,phones ...everything .Just because a software compamy has no time to do it or has no man to design one doesnt mean is not possible.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Good looking ui, cant wait for it to be taken onboard and broken while indevelopment. The bit on the right is something most mmo crafting systems have and is very obviously missing from sto's. The inwindow list of mats needed and pictre to match.

Current system is very clunky at best. I've crafted maybe half a dozen items since the "revamp" into moneysinks and it does seem to be worse than ever with lingering tooltips for a beam array rather than the cannons, rifle or whatever you're trying to check.

Now crafting has hit the moneysink state I'd not hold your breath for anything new to crafting, when the new tiers of gear are talked about it seems to be the domain of the same old stfs getting new ones and passing the older sets into a store.

The fact you cant open the crafting window while also checking your bank, exchange, vendor is a very basic function that should be there. Geordi would have been spaced if the enterprise ground to a stop everytime Cpt Picard wanted a cup of earl grey hot or otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 13 New Screen and design
05-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Well I modified and tweaked my design a bit more. I took various suggestions into the design like making it more LCARS like and adding the images for the missing crafting items. I also put up pic of what I imagine the bank (Stock) screen would look like. Next will be comparison screen.

Updated Interface Screens

Ignore the starship parts on bank screen as those wouldn't show in a real crafting bank screen. Just forgot to edit them out completely. lol

A work in progress while I wait for them to fix foundry slots... Who knows maybe a Dev will like some of the refinements. lol

Thanks everyone for the great comments so far!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-31-2012, 04:16 AM
I rather like that, if it doesn't get as extensive as this, at least make it tabular (look more like the Dil item store with categories on the left) so you don't have to scroll through 100 science consoles to get to the engy consoles