Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
FEDs already have the Defiant and TOS Constitution themed bridge/interiors. When is KDF going to get a themed bridge/interior? And if so what would be the first in that line?

I propose, as the title of this thread states, an HMS Bounty/B'rel-class theme.
I chose this cause...
1. BoPs are, if not the most, popular KDF-side.
2. Its a small vessel so from a design point-of-view its easier to start with.
3. You have a whole movie worth of shots to draw design details from. (Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home)

Lt. Commander
# 2
05-18-2012, 06:33 AM
I think in general, that layout became the standard BoP bridge with minor variations for good after that. All in all though, I use the bridge that's similar to Kruge's one though. 'cos Kruge was cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Which BoP bridge(s) are you talking about? None remotely look like the bridge of the HMS Bounty let alone the interior...
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord
Which BoP bridge(s) are you talking about? None remotely look like the bridge of the HMS Bounty let alone the interior...

This is from Memory Alpha, so I know I'm not going bonkers:

"The same Klingon Bird-of-Prey bridge set was used for Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek Generations, as well as several episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. One of the episodes from the latter series (entitled "The Way of the Warrior") used the set for the bridge of a ship whose class was not identified in the episode and the set was additionally utilized for the bridge of the 22nd century Klingon Bird-of-Prey in Star Trek: Enterprise."

The consistant elements are the captain's chair being a little behind the center, and having two "double" consoles behind and to the sides of the captain's chair, with a corridor at the back, and wall mounted consoles. Elements that have come and gone (and would just be variations on the B'rel bridge presumably if we purchased a pack) were Sulu & Chekov's helm console, most B'rels had this as open space ahead of the captain. Also, there was sometimes a console linking the two free standing ones behind the captain. Also, some had a scope, some didn't. Chang's, for whatever reason, seemed to have a console with a steering wheel of all things behind his chair. Lastly, the large diagonal pillars common to KDF interior design were there sometimes, others times not.

The only really unique B'rel bridge was on Kruge's Bird of Prey/HMS Bounty when it was in ST: III, and there's also a very close analogue as the default bridge type, albeit with a lighting scheme so red I'm probably able to purchase the services of Orion women by the hour within it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
No no I'm talking about the in-game bridges. Which one looks like the HMS Bounty one?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm with Ebeneezergoode on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord
No no I'm talking about the in-game bridges. Which one looks like the HMS Bounty one?
In game we don't have it, I thought that's what you were asking for? All in all, I think we've seen more B'rel bridges than any other bridge (HMS Bounty, Klaa's bridge, Chang's bridge, the Pagh, the Hegh'ta, the Rotarren, and the Duras sister's one. it'd be a cool bridge to have, and the various changes over the different ships it's been on have basicly done the variation work for them as it is.

If you have access to the Foundry, you can basicly use any bridge to create a map as far as I remember, so you can check bridges out for free there, or if 1000 EC is nothing to you, you can just change, beam up, change, beam up etc until you find the one closest to what you're after. I'd imagine the closest would be in the Bird of Prey bridge pack, although they're mostly just the default ones reskinned to something other than "Orion Cat-house Red".
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
When?

Never

We never get KDF love
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
When?

Never

We never get KDF love
I DEMAND LOVE!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
When?

Never

We never get KDF love
Because we are hated by those who are important.