Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Sometime back when c-store ships unique abilities started becoming consoles, the Excelsior was all setup to get one.

It is called "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil".

For one day, I could get a console with my cruiser when taking it from c-store but it was an empty console, some sort of blank. Indicating that Cryptic well pretty far on giving this console out and went even further by reversing not just the addition of the console but the decision it would ever exist.

That is a guess, maybe it is about to come?

Here is what I believe and keep in mind this happened many months ago. Being such a popular ship, Cryptic already made big profit from it. They planned or were in the process of releasing other consoles that increase a ships power. The sales from the advanced heavy cruiser may have been big enough to indicate that the sale of future c-store ships offering a power increase related console would be lower because so many players already have, or would have had such a console.

I myself ended up buying a console that increases power levels, something I probably would not have done if the "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil" was issued. Especially considering it was to be a passive console. Did I fall for their greed instead of saying NO too this and keeping my money in my PayPal?! That is how it is looking. Also look at the travel ability the console games, that would have effected their other plans for travel including one stupid 10 use item bought with dilithium in the dilithium store.

My point?

Cryptic went all the way with this console and are so greedy they withdrew it at the very last minute realizing players would be getting, maybe just a little too much for their money. Keeping in mind this was before F2P, when we subscribed plus paid into c-store and supported the game. So many we should still get this console and get a little too much for our money?

Correct me if I'm wrong developers and tell me the console is coming soon or a good reason why 1,600 credits should not give a universal console. The only console I can think of that has good reason not to be universal is Ablative Generator.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Sometime back when c-store ships unique abilities started becoming consoles, the Excelsior was all setup to get one.

It is called "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil".

For one day, I could get a console with my cruiser when taking it from c-store but it was an empty console, some sort of blank. Indicating that Cryptic well pretty far on giving this console out and went even further by reversing not just the addition of the console but the decision it would ever exist.

That is a guess, maybe it is about to come?

Here is what I believe and keep in mind this happened many months ago. Being such a popular ship, Cryptic already made big profit from it. They planned or were in the process of releasing other consoles that increase a ships power. The sales from the advanced heavy cruiser may have been big enough to indicate that the sale of future c-store ships offering a power increase related console would be lower because so many players already have, or would have had such a console.

I myself ended up buying a console that increases power levels, something I probably would not have done if the "Advanced Transwarp Drive Coil" was issued. Especially considering it was to be a passive console. Did I fall for their greed instead of saying NO too this and keeping my money in my PayPal?! That is how it is looking. Also look at the travel ability the console games, that would have effected their other plans for travel including one stupid 10 use item bought with dilithium in the dilithium store.

My point?

Cryptic went all the way with this console and are so greedy they withdrew it at the very last minute realizing players would be getting, maybe just a little too much for their money. Keeping in mind this was before F2P, when we subscribed plus paid into c-store and supported the game. So many we should still get this console and get a little too much for our money?

Correct me if I'm wrong developers and tell me the console is coming soon or a good reason why 1,600 credits should not give a universal console. The only console I can think of that has good reason not to be universal is Ablative Generator.
The console didn't happen because moving the transwarp power to a console and not adding a console slot on the T5 Excelsior wasn't what folks who had bought it before wanted. TW being a non combat power and losing a slot for it wasn't right, and the TW locations were going to be split among the T3 and T5 consoles requiring you to have to use both to get the same TW you had before the console was made. If you want extra power I think the T3 has the console for that. The T5 remained the way it was originally with the power built in.