Lt. Commander
# 1 Drop AFKers in STFs?
05-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I just went through 4 STFs where one person was AFK in each game. Now I can deal with a game once in a while when a guy has to take a dump or something. I just had multiple games where I'm trying to keep the optional objective going. We fail due to time or probes get through from the other gate etc. Some of them the team with a man down managed todo it with some great team work.

So one of the games. Sitting there by myself attacking transformers, and nanite generators, probes start to spawn kill them with the quickness keep doing my job. Then notice 2 probes managed to get through. Think to myself wow the entire team except myself over there and they let not 1 but both probes through terrible newbs. Sure enough look over 1 guys sitting behind the gate AFK has a squad of scorpion fighters just sitting there doing no good. So I get mad, but don't say anything. Look at the rest of my team they are doing there job they thought the Ody sitting at the gate could kill the probes. So I continue one of my job one of the KDF players take over the Odys job. Look over at the Ody later on his ship moves back to one of the transmitters starts attacking so I go well he must of had todo something real quick thats fine. Then he goes AFK again this time the rest of the match. Gets destroyed by the boss etc. Sit there after we defeat the boss sure enough he sits there another 60 seconds then takes his items then he left......

I don't know if he was a BOT or if botting is even possible in this game. Its just really annoying to have a worthless Ody then having a worthless Ody not doing anything.

I'm sitting here wishing there was a set amount of time 2 mins or so? Where after that time has passed you get kicked for inactivity. I would much rather risk getting a newb who will try todo something then a worthless POS.

/RANT

Anybody else have this happen to them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2012, 12:21 PM
CE the other day there were six ships at respawn point for over half an hour

none of them as bad as the mine spamming PRAT who was stopping us killing the dratted thing
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2012, 03:42 PM
take names do a ticket report them that way they can do an investigation

I can't stand these players that do this
I had that in KA e;ite ground they camped out why we cleared big room
then when done he came back to fight boss and get his loot

it is getting old
I am like you I try to do optional to complete these idiot farmers are ruining STF's
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Even more frustrating are the AFKers in time-gated events such as The Vault. It's bad enough just trying to get into that thing in the VERY limited time window available, but then to get in and see 2 of your teammates AFKing is even worse. It's why I always go into the event in my Atrox.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I just assume that AFKers have been disconnected. Unless of course they show themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I just assume that AFKers have been disconnected. Unless of course they show themselves.
You haven't been disconnected if you're sitting in the match NEEDing on everything.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
I feel for ya guys and I have to say Ive been lucky in that I havnt actually had any afk'er in an STF
but have had quite a few players who couldnt pour **** out of a boot if the instructions were on
the heel.

That said I get more than a few afk'ers in PvP which really sucks and I agree its time cryptic
took some kind of action on this.....