Lt. Commander
# 1 Tactical Consols
05-21-2012, 07:51 AM
I just wanted to ask the community what tac consols I should be running to maximize my firepower. Im running 3 tetryon XII cannons on the front and 3 Tetryon XII turrets in the aft.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Console - Tactical - Tetryon Pulse Generator

http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Tac...ulse_Generator
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I think I have two of these equipped. Does having more than one have benefit? or should I be filling that other spot with something else?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engraverwilliam View Post
I think I have two of these equipped. Does having more than one have benefit? or should I be filling that other spot with something else?
You want all your tac slots filled with the Tetryon Pulse Generator. The Stack.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamRadio18
You want all your tac slots filled with the Tetryon Pulse Generator. The Stack.
NIIICE!
Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Yup. Always use 3 or even 4 corresponding tac consoles. I use phasers so I have 3 mark XII phaser relays.

And corresponding torp consoles too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2012, 02:14 AM
It might be useful to fit a Prefire Chamber too, for a power boost to cannons, though the already mentioned Tetryon Pulse Generator is likely a better option, as the weapon type-specific consoles tend to be superior to the 'jack of all trades' ones.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
It might be useful to fit a Prefire Chamber too, for a power boost to cannons.
I tried using one but it's actually better to use 3 X tetryone pulse generators.

You end up doing more DPS.

Are there any benefits to using a prefire chamber over the corresponding energy console?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross
I tried using one but it's actually better to use 3 X tetryone pulse generators.

Are there any benefits to using a prefire chamber over the corresponding energy console?
If you run a rainbow cannon/turret build, they are probably better. But that build is still a bad idea. And it's basically only a bad idea because Cryptic in its infinite vision decided that the Prefire Chamber and other weapon type specific consoles should give a lower buff than the energy type specific consoles.

Mustrum "Not that I support Rainbow Builds in any way of form" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross

Probably not - I do tend to use the specific energy type consoles to be honest, as you say - they produce more DPS. Furthermore, like you, my primary toon (using MVAE) uses Tetryon dual heavy cannons with the Pulse Generator console fitted, and I find it is great at melting shields.

My second toon's ship, T4 Defiant refit, has a [purple] prefire chamber console fitted, although that has more to do with the fact that I was able to get a VIII [Purple] prefire chamber through a lucky drop on Starbase 24 fleet action and I haven't come across (nor have the energy credits for) a [purple] phaser relay*

*Running with phasers on that one as I love the quad-cannons!