Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey Class Ship
05-19-2012, 06:15 PM
I've hit level 50. Is there a way to get an Odyssey class ship without paying $25 for it? I know they've had an event in the past that gets you one, but I can't find any information on whether there's anything right now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrader View Post
I've hit level 50. Is there a way to get an Odyssey class ship without paying $25 for it? I know they've had an event in the past that gets you one, but I can't find any information on whether there's anything right now.
If you grind dilithium daily for a while, and it'll probably take a couple of months at the current dilithium exchange prices (could go up or down), you can save up enough to buy the C-Points to buy the Ody.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2012, 08:56 PM
The 2nd Anniversary Odyssey was also just a foretaste of the C-Store Odyssey: it has a fixed Science Ensign rather than a Universal, and has one less console slot (though where it is depends on the Odyssey variant you purchase) and doesn't have (and isn't compatible with) the unique consoles the C-Store variants come with.

Assuming that Season 6 does not drastically affect the Dilithium Exchange, and assuming that the dilithium to C-Point conversion remains roughly at 310 Dilithium per C-Point, it will take you 155 days (just over 5 months) of maximum dilithium refinement to get the 4000 C-Points needed for the ship. If you're serious about dilithium grinding, you can divide that by however many alternate characters you're willing to grind 8000 dilithium per day on, though trading C-Points would not really be feasible if you spread it across multiple accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I don't really want to do the 5 months of silithium grinding. I think I'll just wait until I get paid and get the ship then.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Some fleets have monthly contest. Some of them award cstore point via, PayPal. Find a good fleet and become active.