06-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
okay what are you wanting pics of??
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-10-2012, 12:14 PM
You said you were working on new kits. . . what happened with the old ones. If they're done, I want pics of finished products. If they turned into a pile o molten plastic, I want a pic of that

Dalolorn, I think that one went to 11.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-10-2012, 12:45 PM
The Battlestar Galactica one from last month is done, I'm just waiting for a paint that is on back order to just go through and dirty it up a bit and the excelsior is done. I just finished the D'deridex so just waiting for the glue to set on that one.

I started the D'deridex at a little before midnight and just worked straight through til now one it (f'ing 50 trillion f'ng layers of paint later). I'll probably knock out the SR-71 later today. I'll get some pics done up either tonight or tomorrow, but for right now I'm gonna go make me a not real grilled chicken sandwich...I think lol.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I just put together a 1967 Pontiac GTO. I have to wonder if they actually test those kits before they mass produce them. I had to get creative with a hobby knife to get the body to fit over the chassis, particularly around the rear wheel wells. Other than that, it went together fairly well. I have a 67 Camaro that I'm building right now, but it's on hold until I get a compressor for my air gun. After that, I think I will head over to the hobby shop to pick up an M1 Abrams.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Oye I put togther the B and the D and the Reliant. Yep CRAP! The reliant requires weights in the nacels to be glued in. guess what? The weights on the thin plastic were coming through! the saucer section on D keeps poping off with the slightest breeze and I really dont want to glue it down . I gave up on these kits half way through and they are collecting dust as we speek. I saw some re-releases of OTS Enterprise through the E and thought wouldnt it be cool to assemble and paint them all? But if the flaws remain the same forget it.
Ensign
# 36
03-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
You want a bad one get the Polar Lights 1:350 scale NX-01 model. That thing is commanding very high prices ($150+) and I was lucky to get it on sale few years back for just $9.99 but the thing is pure crap. I didnt even finish it because things werent fitting right, mainly the saucer exterior walls didnt line up they were either warped or not cast right or something.

I was looking at the Enterprise B model, since the NX was a failiure due to design I was going to light it up but I doubt the smaller NX could be lit up for the same details I am looking for so I am leaning towards the Excelsior model to light up.

I know this is digging up an old thread, but I came across it in Google, not even sure who posted it, BUT, I don't suppose you still have this kit that you never finished? I'm after a few spare parts!

Thanks

Ryan
Captain
# 37
03-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the Forums.
I hate to be the one to say it but reviving old threads or Necroposting is against forum rules.