Rihannsu
# 11
06-23-2012, 03:45 PM
I've made a long list of things that foundry chars can't do, and I'm not sure which are intentional and which are bugs.

Foundry chars can't:
SEE items attached to mail.
be invited to any other char's bridge.

and map transfers outside foundry missions crash frequently.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I've made a long list of things that foundry chars can't do, and I'm not sure which are intentional and which are bugs.

Foundry chars can't:
SEE items attached to mail.
be invited to any other char's bridge.

and map transfers outside foundry missions crash frequently.
I guess my question is, why does any of that matter to a foundry character, they are more disposable than security officers in the TOS era
Rihannsu
# 13
06-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Because Tetin made Captain recently, and I don't want to go to the effort of getting ANOTHER Foundry char leveled that high.
Captain
# 14
07-11-2012, 07:35 AM
Here's one: Importable Missions causes some costumes to vanish from the list, causing about 20-30 errors when I try to save the effort of copying all my costumes manually.

To elaborate: I made a mission, Exploratory Crisis, some time ago. Now I want to reuse a large quantity of the costumes and maybe some of the maps for a new mission (unnamed as of yet), which is a sequel to it.

So, I decided to use the import tool. I typed in a random name, pressed Create (or whatever it was, I didn't pay attention), and the new mission was created after a short wait.

What's the catch, you may ask? The catch is, some of my costumes randomly decided to vanish. One or more characters wiped out of existence, about 20-30 dialogues broken by the disappearance of said characters and two of my ships, and who knows what else I may have missed. Furthermore, but this was to be expected and is not a bug at all, I had to wipe the maps clean, manually delete the dialogues, etc. etc. etc. Do you know how much work that is???

Fortunately, due to the costume bug, I didn't bother with anything other than deleting the actual objectives - the dialogues and undesired contents of my maps remained.

Is there a fix I can use, or do I have to wait for a Foundry update?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
# 15
09-30-2012, 04:49 PM
With Hav's permission I've written up the issues in the OP and posted them to STOTracker.com: http://www.stotracker.com/problems/?category=Foundry

Please feel free to add your own issues or comment on any of the bugs noted on there!