Lt. Commander
# 251
05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom_Paris
Those of us who have been a major part of STO (The subscribers) have been a major voice on the forums. We deserve something. We deserve our golden age for OUR game. We are the people who beta test the content. We are the people who are the voice of the forums and we are the people who are this game. We should at least have this game become successful to show what we helped be a part of.
Deserve is a tricky concept.

There are many customers in the world who have seen beloved stores or shops or restaurants go under. In many cases, the customers were patrons of said places for years. They were loyal to their beloved businesses, but the reality was their loyalty and patronage were not enough.

The reality is that unless you can afford to buy out a business (individually or as an investor group) and run it profitably yourselves, you don't really deserve anything from it beyond what consumer law allows for.

It isn't 'our game' much as we might feel attached to it.

Does that mean we shouldn't complain, or lobby for a better product? Of course we should complain where appropriate and suggest possible improvements. We just shouldn't expect them to be viable as part or a business model or in the context of whatever the available budget happens to be, and to remember, we are not owners, we are patrons. And that is a major distinction.
Lt. Commander
# 252
05-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I think that at times we fans do allow our fandom to overule our ability to think clearly, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 253 Your Answer Anazonda
05-30-2012, 03:38 PM
The way i see it, its like what Harry said in VOY: Endgame

"Maybe its not the destination that matters, maybe its the Journey, and if that Journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, there isn't place i rather be or any people i rather be with"

So buckle up and lets just hope for the best and fear for the worst.

Or in Picards case tour the ship before you get your behind kicked

We're Trekkies plane and simple, i bet we can all recall some noob in grade school or high school call us geeks and basically terrorizing us for having something he doesn't have: something to believe in.

Because of this Community and Trek fans as a whole we have made this Franchise the King for decades in Sci-fi, even over our archrival Star Wars.

No company no matter who it is, PWE, Cryptic, Atari is ever gonna get rid of Gene's vision or spirit or the Trek Community

whatever the outcome of this game really is
Lt. Commander
# 254
05-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
The way i see it, its like what Harry said in VOY: Endgame

"Maybe its not the destination that matters, maybe its the Journey, and if that Journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, there isn't place i rather be or any people i rather be with"
To enjoy the journey we will need new content released on a regular basis, rather than playing the same content over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 255
05-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I think that at times we fans do allow our fandom to overule our ability to think clearly, yes.
Roachy, why is it always you who makes us think rationally? Sometimes though, I wonder if the Devs use their Deviness to put themselves above us? That may not be the case, but I the inquiring mind does want to know.

<is Deviness even a word?>
Lt. Commander
# 256
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pt41nk4ng4r00
To enjoy the journey we will need new content released on a regular basis, rather than playing the same content over and over.
May 2012 and you are out of content already? There is way more content than needed to reach 50, even excluding the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 257
05-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Talk to the guy with forum titled

"gett off your lazy "butts devs and fix the d**** bugs.

Yeah what a laugh that was lol, i wonder if he had his Reg Barclay hypo yet for stammering
Lt. Commander
# 258
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
May 2012 and you are out of content already? There is way more content than needed to reach 50, even excluding the Foundry.
The journey I am referring to lasts as long as we are playing the game, and ends when you finally stop. Therefore to enjoy that journey, you will need new content on a regular basis. The same is true of any game, not just this one.
Lt. Commander
# 259
05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Yeah , but then again we can say without lying that some Devs are guilty of the same thing .
Thing is , we are fans ... , while they are supposed to be pro's .

What's that they say about never letting fans dictate development ?
Since some of the Devs are fans as well , I guess that means we're f-ed .
Lt. Commander
# 260
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
Only because they sped up leveling by a significant margin. There really isn't that much content, sans the Foundry of course.