Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Atrox Fighter AI bug
05-20-2012, 08:38 AM
When using the Attack Command order if the Fighters are too far away from the carrier, then the fighters will attack other targets than the one currently designated.

This forces the carrier pilot to wait for the fighters to catch up on ESTFs in particular, and or wait until they can resummon all fighters, otherwise they may go for targets that should be left alive (example, Cubes on CSE).
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morell View Post
When using the Attack Command order if the Fighters are too far away from the carrier, then the fighters will attack other targets than the one currently designated.

This forces the carrier pilot to wait for the fighters to catch up on ESTFs in particular, and or wait until they can resummon all fighters, otherwise they may go for targets that should be left alive (example, Cubes on CSE).
The ship AI in this game is retarded.

It's why I hardly ever use the different battle sections on my MVAE because every section that I dont control had a death wish
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, all the fighter commands are semi useless, have been ever since they cam out with them.
Us long time Klingon carrier pilots long for the days before they came out with the fighter commands, when fighter could be launched just outside weapons range and simply attacked your current target everytime.
We've also been hoping now that the Feds have carriers and get to experiance the frustration of having your fighters do stupid things, the Dev will get on it and maybe fix them as additional complaints come in.
Until then, just have to do as we've had to for a long time...deal with it.