Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
05-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec
Personally I find TWoK boring, it's slow but not in a good dramatic way to me. Though it's probably the second best of the TOS films which are all just...well, not my thing.
Maybe it's a generational thing, I wasn't even born when TWoK came out.
Neither was i im 19 but hey, Kirk was saving the Universe before i was in diapers (Star Trek: Generations), i was a Next Generation baby and a DS9 and Voyager youth, ST Enterprise teen. I'm probably the only ST fan that likes ST Enterprise, i think its cool, because its more my speed. Rock and Roll opening, aggressive looking ship, the Captain is more like me, in-terms of the Exploration thing. The tech is cool and yet they find the time to mix all of villains i love in the 24th century and its more realistic. Its more of what could do in the near future.

Yet i still like the TOS movies better than the Next Generations ones except for two, First Contact, and Star

Trek Generations
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm nearly 21 and I enjoy Enterprise too, and TNG but I grew up on DS9 and Voyager so they'll always have that special place in my heart. My earliest childhood memories are of Way of the Warrior and Scorpion.
First Contact and Generations are great films, Insurrection is alright and Nemesis was ok.

Fair enough about the movies, everyone has different taste at least Trek's big enough to have something for everyone.

I actually wouldn't be vocal about how much I hate TOS and its movies but I see a lot of unnecessary hate towards Voyager and Enterprise, I just need to balance it out
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake477
I'm probably the only ST fan that likes ST Enterprise, i think its cool, because its more my speed. Rock and Roll opening, aggressive looking ship, the Captain is more like me, in-terms of the Exploration thing
I don't know about labeling the opening credits to Enterprise, "Rock and Roll".

Enterprise is a decent series, in it's final season it has allot of good story arcs. I like it allot better than Voyager.

Allot of people have problems with it because it rewrites canon. Also, if you watched any Quantum Leap, it's hard not to see Jonathan Archer as anything more than Sam Beckett, Oh Boy! He's ok, just a big boyscout is all. Gee Golly!

Quote:
IMy earliest childhood memories are of Way of the Warrior and Scorpion.
First Contact and Generations are great films, Insurrection is alright and Nemesis was ok.
Way of the Warrior might be my favorite.
Lt. Commander
# 64
05-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I too am an Enterprise fan. Series 3 and 4 were better than 1 and 2, but I still enjoy it. Yes, it wrecked cannon before Manny Coto came along, but at a stretch, you could write that off as the temporal cold war altering things (That thing had potential, shame they were never able to execute it well). I actually prefer Enterprise over Voyager as a whole.
Lt. Commander
# 65
05-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Personally I find TWoK boring, it's slow but not in a good dramatic way to me. Though it's probably the second best of the TOS films which are all just...well, not my thing.
Maybe it's a generational thing, I wasn't even born when TWoK came out.
I am almost 23 and was raised on pretty much all Star Trek indiscriminately except for DS9 and the Animated series. Wrath of Khan is one of my favorite films plus literary student in me liked how the story went. TNG for me their films came out too soon after the series ended and were handled by most of the same people that were making the same shows and such. Generations ending ****ed me off (obvious reason really) Good film but the ending kinda ruined it. Nemesis was god awful.
Lt. Commander
# 66
05-29-2012, 02:45 PM
No offence, Chris_E_D_Allen89 but I would've guess you were a fair bit older than that.
Lt. Commander
# 67
05-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
No offence, Chris_E_D_Allen89 but I would've guess you were a fair bit older than that.
Why would I be insulted by that?
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
Why would I be insulted by that?
I don't know, I thought I'd say it just in case.