Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Can any one tell me the level lists?
I have been playing STO for a while now, and still in liutenant rank 5. What must I do to level up my character?
What is level / rank 9 fed means? As I am trying to do the free dilithium extract mission from asteroids. Go there but cannot find my EVA suit, do I need to buy one?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioJess View Post
Can any one tell me the level lists?
I have been playing STO for a while now, and still in liutenant rank 5. What must I do to level up my character?
What is level / rank 9 fed means? As I am trying to do the free dilithium extract mission from asteroids. Go there but cannot find my EVA suit, do I need to buy one?

Thanks.
You need to buy a suit from the evil Ferengi near the suits when you beam down to the Asteroid location, it costs 100 dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 06:47 AM
You may want to considering doing the other missions. I seriously doubt that the mining mission gives you that much. I seem to recall the regular missions gives you at least 1k in experience/ skill points for each one that you complete.

Give J -> Episodes -> The Klingon War a looksee

Good luck,
-drmike
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
You may want to considering doing the other missions. I seriously doubt that the mining mission gives you that much. I seem to recall the regular missions gives you at least 1k in experience/ skill points for each one that you complete.

Give J -> Episodes -> The Klingon War a looksee

Good luck,
-drmike
This. The best way to level up is to play the game. Once you start playing the missions, after you finish one, the next one in line will automatically pop up on your screen. Accept it, and keep on rolling.

Basic formula for any RPG, Kill some bad guys-> Gain some Experience-> Level up! Rinse and repeat for Maximum Bad ***ness
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Make sure you spend your skill points.
Lt. Commander
Get in your ship and go kill stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribblegrab
Get in your ship and go kill stuff.
That only gives you 5-15 experience points a piece last time I checked.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
That only gives you 5-15 experience points a piece last time I checked.

So, kill a whole lot of stuff then. Leveling in STO is so damned easy I believe it's entirely possible to go from LT to VA on a 3-day weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Press 'J' to bring up your mission journal. The missions in the upper row on the left is your storyline mission sequence. Hit the "Hail" button. Accept the mission and go do it. At the lieutenant ranks, pretty much each mission will level you up 1 rank.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-23-2012, 01:42 AM
You'll tend to level once per mission until about the middle of the Romulan episodes. If you're not leveling for some reason, do the patrol missions. They're level restricted but they give you a good chunk of experience so that stops being a problem.