Lt. Commander
# 1 Carrier Bridges
05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
So I made a Orion character and decided it needed an Orion ship, Which happens to all be carriers.

Admittedly This is my first time using a carrier, so I started from the beginning with the Dacoit flight deck cruiser. I have to say, I am enjoying carriers, the extra firepower from the pets is awesome. I still need to work on builds and stuff, but as I am currrently only doing story missions, I figure I can take my time to get to know the carrier and how to best use it.

Here is my question though, I notice that the C-store also has Carrier bridges for the KDF. How are these different from the default bridge? is it worth the extra C-point investment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751
So I made a Orion character and decided it needed an Orion ship, Which happens to all be carriers.

Admittedly This is my first time using a carrier, so I started from the beginning with the Dacoit flight deck cruiser. I have to say, I am enjoying carriers, the extra firepower from the pets is awesome. I still need to work on builds and stuff, but as I am currrently only doing story missions, I figure I can take my time to get to know the carrier and how to best use it.

Here is my question though, I notice that the C-store also has Carrier bridges for the KDF. How are these different from the default bridge? is it worth the extra C-point investment.
They are VERY different both in looks and size. However, whether or not you want to spend C-points on them is up to you. They may look different, but aside from that they function in the exact same way as a normal bridge.

In my opinion, hold off on buying bridges from the c-store. The devs need to shine them up a bit; compared to the new bridges for the Odyssey and Bortas, these older c-stor bridges are awful looking. Trust me, I own a few and I wish they would get some love from the devs to make them as shiny as the new ones they are coming out with.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
They are VERY different both in looks and size. However, whether or not you want to spend C-points on them is up to you. They may look different, but aside from that they function in the exact same way as a normal bridge.

In my opinion, hold off on buying bridges from the c-store. The devs need to shine them up a bit; compared to the new bridges for the Odyssey and Bortas, these older c-stor bridges are awful looking. Trust me, I own a few and I wish they would get some love from the devs to make them as shiny as the new ones they are coming out with.

-Quiiliitiila
Totally depends on the bridge pack in question. Some of the older Bridge Packs have some really good bridges (like the Prometheus pack). Some of them certainly do not have good bridges.

One thing about the carrier bridges. They are *huge*. Laughably huge really. It wouldn't be so bad if they looked like they could actually be populated, but even counting the empty chairs, it only looks like they're set for 20 or so crew (which is comical for the amount of space they have).
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Totally depends on the bridge pack in question. Some of the older Bridge Packs have some really good bridges (like the Prometheus pack). Some of them certainly do not have good bridges.

One thing about the carrier bridges. They are *huge*. Laughably huge really. It wouldn't be so bad if they looked like they could actually be populated, but even counting the empty chairs, it only looks like they're set for 20 or so crew (which is comical for the amount of space they have).
I really just meant that they bridges could use some work compared to the newer ones that the Devs have released.

And yes, they are huge. I LOVE IT!

It's awesome to have such a large space, but you're right that it's not fillable.

It'd be nice to set some random crew in there...

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
I really just meant that they bridges could use some work compared to the newer ones that the Devs have released.

And yes, they are huge. I LOVE IT!

It's awesome to have such a large space, but you're right that it's not fillable.

It'd be nice to set some random crew in there...

-Quiiliitiila
It's not so much the fact that they're not filled that bothers me. I mean, if you're not in active combat, I can see having more of a 'skeleton crew', since Star Trek computers are very capable.

But, compare the number of crew who *have* spaces on a KDF carrier Bridge to something like the Emissary bridges (what I'm using for a Caitian carrier).

The Emissary bridges have four 4 seat stations along the back wall behind the captain, three 2 seat stations in front of the captain, two 2 seat stations on the walls flanking the view screen, *and* standing stations. if all those seats are filled under battle conditions, the bridge would seem very active, like I'd imagine a carrier bridge would be. And, they're a bit smaller than the KDF carrier bridges.

The KDF ones, in comparison, are just so... empty. Yeah, they have targ beds and baby targs.. but just no real crew locations, plus the fact they're so spread out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 02:41 AM
I'd love to see banks of people facilitating the fighter craft for the bigger carriers not BOFFs just random people from your crew. I suppose in reality I only need a single person communicating with the fighter wings, but a man can dream.

As for the Orion Carriers... I'd call a Flight Deck Cruiser a Cruiser rather than a Carrier. Especially considering KDF Carriers have BoPs as a launchable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
The KDF ones, in comparison, are just so... empty. Yeah, they have targ beds and baby targs.. but just no real crew locations, plus the fact they're so spread out.
I've got Saurs on my bridge

Nice to know they change based on captain race, at least for Gorn/Klingon.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
I've got Saurs on my bridge

Nice to know they change based on captain race, at least for Gorn/Klingon.

-Quiiliitiila
They may, or it may be on the variant. I can't remember now, but I *think* two bridges (one free, one C-store) may have Targs while the other two have Saurs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2012, 07:01 PM
I just got my carrier and they had a nice selection of ones you could add for just 1000 EC, I took the Khala Bridge with its dominant seat and large command area with the large screen suited for the commander of such a deadly vessel.