Lt. Commander
# 1 Console only Items
05-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I would love to see the c-store sell universal consoles by themselves, especially for feds, because the fed consoles you can get can not compare to the Klingon side, I know feds are meant to be peace and understanding, but they can still kick *** when they need to, and they need better weapon or science consoles
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Would be nice, but a dev said on STOked (can't remember which episode) they aren't planning to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Be great, but never gonna happen. Who would waste their money buying a T4 ship for 1200 that they'll only use for 2 days, when they could buy just the console for 400? Might be more convienient for the player, but less profit for the guy selling the bundle.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2012, 12:52 AM
A better way to sell universal consoles: Place tem as random reward for a lock box, but to work in the right ship type. You can use in any ship of the same Tier, as example.

This can make the reward better, and you can trade your consoles for others, making the exchange better.

If have a good amount of universal consoles, each one with a special skill or power, we can have more reasons to take a lock box.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Please do not encourage further use of the Lock-Box system as the Lock-Box system literally scams people out of their CP. Perfect example: user spends 100CP on a Lock Box. The Lock Box contains 1 Lobi Crystal and a consumable battery. If you consider that a 100 CP value, then disregard my request to not further encourage use of the Lock-Box system.

Now, as the topic of this thread is to discuss entry of universal consoles into the C-Store. I find myself on the fence. Personally, if PW/Cryptic were to add universal consoles into the game, Iíd rather see them put into the Dilithium Store for a 125,000r cost. In this way, a player could spend CP on Dilithium to get the item more quickly.

With regard to the Universal Consoles, I would think that they would have to be sub-par to all of the Tier 5 consoles that come with C-Store ships. In fact, it would be best if these consoles didnít add any special abilities at all and were designed more simply for player convenience or appearance on demand. For example: A special Universal Engineering Console that would add mostly the same abilities of MKXII ablative armor, but also add a unique special appearance to the ship.