Lt. Commander
# 1 D'Kyr Discoloration
04-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Just a quick question in regards to the D'kyr and her nacelle ring failing to change colour under the influence of cosmetic shielding and if/when this is going to change.

From a purely cosmetic point of view and in regards to universal immersion the ships big bronze wheel tends to stick out like a sore thumb with any of the coloured shields activated most notably:

- Jem'hadar shields
- Reman prototype shields
- Omega shields
- Borg Shields

Again this int a huge thing but i do enjoy flying the D'kyr as its unusual look is well outside the somewhat conventional look of federation ships and as such ripe for role play which as i pointed out is rather messed up when certain high level shields are applied.

This really inst a huge thing but i though perhaps this thread could be used to find other ship/shield visual issues and bring them to the fore.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Don't count on a fix. Usually when the devs release something, they never go back and fix it, no matter how broken it is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2012, 08:39 AM
I've noted this too. It recolors the Tal'Kyr support craft rather than the D'Kyr. I've also noted that the two left most point on the two rings glow when opening a tW conduit rather than the main ring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Also the ring spazzes out if the support craft joins up again also its a bit disappointing they didn't fix thing when they released it
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries2507 View Post
Just a quick question in regards to the D'kyr and her nacelle ring failing to change colour under the influence of cosmetic shielding and if/when this is going to change.

From a purely cosmetic point of view and in regards to universal immersion the ships big bronze wheel tends to stick out like a sore thumb with any of the coloured shields activated most notably:

- Jem'hadar shields
- Reman prototype shields
- Omega shields
- Borg Shields

Again this int a huge thing but i do enjoy flying the D'kyr as its unusual look is well outside the somewhat conventional look of federation ships and as such ripe for role play which as i pointed out is rather messed up when certain high level shields are applied.

This really inst a huge thing but i though perhaps this thread could be used to find other ship/shield visual issues and bring them to the fore.

Dito^^. I really wish this would get fixed. I've been searching and searching for a solution or mention of a fix in upcoming patch but nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2012, 10:33 PM
This was mentioned a looooooong time ago, right after the Aegis set came out.

The answer, at that time, was that the Devs didn't have the tech to re-skin the warp ring with the special sets (because it 'moves' when the shuttle is launched, if I recall).

If that's changed since then, there's been no word.