Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I am trying to tweak my torpedo boat but am unsure how to work out which is better or what differences there are between [CrtH]x3 and [dmg]x3. Assuming we are talking about a maxed out build with Mk XII weapons which would give the most DPS? What about with skills like Torpedo Spread III? Only interested in those too as I can already factor in ACC and Critical severity.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 07:46 AM
An interesting question.

[Dmg] is a straight up DPS increase, where as [CrtH] is only a 2% crit increase, and so only increases DPS by more frequent crits. [Acc] is also a Crit increase, and it has the added benefit of making you miss less. I suppose to work out the difference you need to know your current crit percentage. If it's say 20% (1 in 5) and you increase it to 26% (1 in 4).

And as for Torp Spread 3 I think the nature of the ability in that they detonate near not on the hull lowers there DPS and Crit chance.

IMO I'd rank them.

[Acc]
[Dmg]
[CritD]
[CrtH]

I'm currently trying to get some Mk XII [Acc]x3 with either [Dmg] or [CritD] as possible substitutions, but they are very expensive.

I know one thing, Mines [CritD] Is the only valuable stat. [Dmg] doesn't seem to actually work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks, I found something odd today. DMG does not work with skills like Torp Spread
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsey
Thanks, I found something odd today. DMG does not work with skills like Torp Spread
Yes If I'm not mistaken torpedo high yield does work
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
In my opinion, [Acc] is the most important modifier, since a shot that hits > a shot that misses. I'd put [CrtH] second, *if* you have skills and/or equipment that also boosts your crit chance. [Dmg] is third and [CrtD] fourth.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
In my opinion, [Acc] is the most important modifier, since a shot that hits > a shot that misses. I'd put [CrtH] second, *if* you have skills and/or equipment that also boosts your crit chance. [Dmg] is third and [CrtD] fourth.
ACC is the most important modifier for PvP, not for PvE.

Few, if any, NPC enemies have high defense, in general they tend to just have more HP.

In STOked episode 76, Captain Gecko explains more about the math behind the modifiers, ACC overflow and other related points.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Accuracy is the best not only because it helps you miss less often, but also because if there's any overflow, it adds critical chance and severity instead (meaning it's never wasted).

As for the other stats, think what you want your torpedo to do. If it's continuous attacks, then added [dmg] may give you more dps. But if it's a finishing move, you'll want it to do as much damage as it possibly can when you finally fire it, and then a critical hit would be much better than a wee bit more damage.

Personally, I'd pick [acc] then [crth] then [dmg] then [ctrd].