Lt. Commander
# 1 EliteSTF Channel Information
05-21-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm sure many of you know the channel "EliteSTF" This channel is one of the larger channels in STO.(3000 Members as of May 21, 2012) I am 1 of 2 channel admins of the channel (The owner hasnt been on STO in forever) So here are a few channel guidelines and some general information!

CHANNEL RULES (List is subject to change)
  1. NO TROLLING
  2. NO GRIEFING
  3. NO ARGUING
  4. KEEP RANDOM CHATTER TO A MINIMUM
  5. KEEP INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE TO A MINIMUM
  6. NO FLEET RECRUITMENT
  7. DON'T MAKE PEOPLE SAY INAPPROPRIATE or SPAM THINGS TO GET ON TEAMS (Random lengths of letters/ or things that would normally be censored or not for children)
  8. During Vault event, only TWO people may recrute for Vault event teams at once!
  9. During Crystaline Entity Event, Only ONE team is alowed to recrute for people for CE at once!
  10. TRY to make sure no more then 5 people are recruiting for the same stf at once. (Theres no need for 7 people to all be recruiting for CSE at one time)
  11. DO NOT ARGUE WITH THE CHANNEL MODS
  12. NORMAL STFS ARE ALLOWED!
  13. No Need/Greed Policy will be inplace, after you make your teams its up to you what to agree on for your teams rules. Do not complain about someone needing everything if you did not discuss a need greed policy with your team beforehand.
  14. Recomended Format for Recruitment: "LF<Number>M <STF> Something for invite."

If you see someone trolling or someone is trolling or harrasing you, please send me a screenshot of the chat (Has to be related to EliteSTF channel, pictures of team chat will be ignored, PMs are allowed if it started off of EliteSTF, in which case ill need 2 screenshots, 1 of the start, 1 of the greifing, trolling etc. /screenshot_ui_jpeg is the command to get screenshots of your UI if u did not know)

CHANNEL OPs AND ADMINS (List is Subject to change) (PLEASE DONT MAIL OPS FOR INVITES MAIL ME AND TILARTA FIRST)
  1. "@Tilarta" Admin
  2. "@ventvisor" Admin
  3. "@StarfleetCommander" Admin
  4. "@Krosslite" Operator
  5. "@Ken-san" Operator
  6. "@Colt_357" Operator
  7. "@Comptola" Operator
  8. "@Krell83" Operator
  9. "@timotheus.d" Operator
  10. "@UFP-74656" Operator
  11. "@TehThonos" Operator
  12. "@DeeDeeTee" Operator
  13. "@srspells" Operator
  14. "@NikitaCH" Owner

CHANNEL IS CURRENTLY PRIVATE: Please mail @Tilarta for an invite.

CHANNEL COUNT AT 3280 PEOPLE AND RISING (May 23, 2012)

Global Channel Directory (STO wiki)

(Mods of the channel are willing to be reasonable here, we are open to sugjestions to change or modify the rules, just mail @Tilarta, or post on the thread)

(Request for Sticky, Elite STF is one of the biggest channels ingame for stf recruitment, the more people see the rules the better)

Last edited by kalecto; 01-29-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
MOD, please sticky! Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Please sticky.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Please sticky this topic/thread

ESTF had gone wild with FTP, it was getting really bad.. thanks to those that monitor that channel.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I've seen a lot of negative between players over the stupidest of reasons on this channel. I'm glad to see it finally being moderated. Please sticky this so these rules don't get misplaced by over posting. I hope to see more of what happened on ESTF today. I hope this stops the childish bs that has plagued this channel.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Please Sticky Thread..

Can we include calling our peoples global names to ignore into the Griefing.. this can be and has been abused...

Can you also list rules on Need/Greed/Pass?

Can you also place this thread in the channel MOTD along with the message.. "Ignorance of the Rules are no Excuse"

I made a shorter URL because of the limited space http://tinyurl.com/ESTFRules

Thank you for making this post.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
Please Sticky Thread..

Can we include calling our peoples global names to ignore into the Griefing.. this can be and has been abused...

Can you also list rules on Need/Greed/Pass?

Can you also place this thread in the channel MOTD along with the message.. "Ignorance of the Rules are no Excuse"

I made a shorter URL because of the limited space http://tinyurl.com/ESTFRules

Thank you for making this post.
Thanks very much for the small URL, I already posted the rules in the MOTD.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
please sticky, thank you
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
I object to the thread being moved, cause... not alot of players actualy look in the feedback, and its not feedback, its rules to 1 of the biggest channels ingame, please move this back to discussion and sticky. Please. No one is gonna see it in PVE feedback
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Congratulations. You're doing a very good job at killing off EliteSTF as a viable way to group up with people to have some fun.

Ill say it again, there is only one thing in the channel that causes *any* disruption at all: the moderators. If you just sat back and didnt have a temper tantrum when people didnt follow a bunch of unnecessary rules, there would never be any problems.

People advertising for Vault or CE groups never impeded STF's forming. Muting the entire channel for hours at a time when you cant have your way does.

Oh, and by the way, just in case someone tries to get tetchy: no, Ive never looked for vault groups. Ive only ever done it once, and never will again. I think its a waste of time and a very poor idea (gating content, etc).
Closed Thread