Lt. Commander
# 1 Leavers!!!
05-22-2012, 05:03 AM
i know that i'm just complaining but it gets to me so much when people drop out of an stf!!! 10 minutes ago we were at the end of infected (one station left to unlock) and i fell in the water jumping across the cubes rather than taking the bridge. it was an honest mistake. i tried to get up out and people tried to help but i couldn't make it back. rather than everyone take one for the team (since we only had 5 minutes left anyway) everyone left within a matter of a few minutes. i don't get it. why be that close to an edc and then walk away? the other day someone was posting that he or she felt there should be a stricter penalty for leaving and i for one second that. it's simply bad form. i know i'm rambling (and i apologize), but i'm really growing to love this game and this community and i really take it personally when people sour it.

sorry to whine. but i needed to get that off my chest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2012, 05:17 AM
what water?
you mean plasma!

how many times had you tried the boss room by then?
usually after 3 to 5 failed attempts someone leaves, either because the team works really bad together constantly screwing up,
or because the respawn timers of the borg drones are bugged out by then and throws the players off their game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 05:35 AM
we had to retry once and i think i saw 2 tricorder revives the entire game. we were breezing through pretty quick. admittedly, i'm still rather new, but i've successfully played through that mission about a dozen times and that was nowhere near the hardest run i've had. it just seemed so unnecessary. perhaps this is simply my inexperience talking, and if so i apologize.

and yes, i guess it is plasma:-)

have a good day sto.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Water..... HOT!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 09:36 AM
As much as I hate to say it, in PUGs there' s a certain amount of time I'll allow myself to rettry before I bail. If its taking longer than the leaver penalty to finish THAT particular mission....well, my time is valuable to me, so i'll take the hit. It's not my first choice, but I have done it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
well i appreciate the replies for my little whine fest being as gentle as they've been. i do suspect that this issue really boils down to my lack of experience. in any case though, thank you all for being understanding and putting up with the new guy. i'ill show the same patience when i'm a bit more seasoned.