Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-23-2012, 11:17 AM
May i remind you that thier council is like the klingons and any change in power can change the way a world is ran just look at the klingon empire we were enenmies with them then friends now enemies again because a change in power So Yes years can change a empires way of thinking so maybe the dinos could come home and he have advanced in our technology we have self cloaking and ship cloaking so they would fit in alittle to our standards abit but both species voth and humans could work and make earth even more of a superpower In the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
a good way to get them both in game and as an enemy and ally would be to have a civil war. makes sense that a group would develop with the view that earth was their home and that they should be allies with earth and the other faction sees the only way to eradicate this faction is to destroy earth
That is a great idea i am on board that works
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-23-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Voyager but I remember this one and it was easily on of my favorites. The dialogue between the two researchers while they were observing the crew and the Galileo as an alien complete with a moral problem weighing life against truth. Classic Trek but interesting in that it took the weighty decisions from the crew and put them in the hands of the alien.

I'd like to see the Voth fit somewhere because of this but it was writing over any quality the aliens themselves possessed that made this such a worthwhile story.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
May i remind you that thier council is like the klingons and any change in power can change the way a world is ran just look at the klingon empire we were enenmies with them then friends now enemies again because a change in power So Yes years can change a empires way of thinking so maybe the dinos could come home and he have advanced in our technology we have self cloaking and ship cloaking so they would fit in alittle to our standards abit but both species voth and humans could work and make earth even more of a superpower In the Federation.
Might also remind you that feds and Klinks were allies and that the Klingons never became part of the Federation or offered to share any of the cloaking tech with the feds (How they decided in sto to get feds that is still up to debate and neither here nore there) and even as allies the Klingons were still butting heads with the Feds.

Now bring in a race that does not like warm bloods at all, you expect them to just drop millions of years of beliefs and thinking to just show up to earth to what? become best buds? BFFs? There needs to be a reason, not just "Because it sounds cool". If there is ANY race they would try to approch first it would probably be the Gorn, not a bunch of hairless monkeys that overran their birthplace.

Not against having them *IN* the game there just needs to be a damn good reason for them to be there.

Civil war might pan out but why would you go 47 years travel time (Voyager time at max warp, they could make it sooner probably but it would still be way out of their way) just to enlist the help of Starfleet, who probably couldent stand a chance against them anyway (never mind the war with the klingons, borg, and about everything eles) and why would Starfleet help them? Resources have to be streched thin as is.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
a good way to get them both in game and as an enemy and ally would be to have a civil war. makes sense that a group would develop with the view that earth was their home and that they should be allies with earth and the other faction sees the only way to eradicate this faction is to destroy earth
I think too dive straight into something like that wouldn't work and would be too similar to what has come before both on STO and in shows even if it wasn't an episode with the Voth, it would probably make more sense to introduce them as a surprise and though they are more powerful does not mean they are better.

unexpected assistance from the federation could lead to some sort of rethink as to what their (The Voth) place is in the galaxy. This could then lead to a number of things including talks with the federation, internal struggles within the society (Unification of sorts), civil war and beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-31-2012, 04:54 PM
A culture of any group of people can change just look at the romulans and klingons they were are allies in the dem. war species do change for survival and after living in space all their lives do you think that they wouldnt get tierd and want to find their way home i mean Voyager had a impact on the species and im sure the voths finding were called crazy but not all people are blinded and look for the truth in ideas and if they did the true may have been found out
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardcliff
A culture of any group of people can change just look at the romulans and klingons they were are allies in the dem. war species do change for survival and after living in space all their lives do you think that they wouldnt get tierd and want to find their way home i mean Voyager had a impact on the species and im sure the voths finding were called crazy but not all people are blinded and look for the truth in ideas and if they did the true may have been found out
True. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think it would be pretty difficult to overthrow the traditional doctrine - even after forty years.

And I don't really think they should end up sharing a planet with humanity - it would just be kind of weird. :p But I'd love to have them show up in-game some other way.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
Not against it or anything, just think its highly unlikely that they would Join Starfleet, given their attitudes i would think its more like they would come back to liberate their birth world from them and rid it of the warm blood infestations.
Possibly once the Tholians have been delt with the Iconians may persuade the Voth that Star fleet has invaded there territory again and maybe they should reclaim the world that spawned them. I do renember Chakotay getting a warning about Humans or any Alpha quadrant speacies entering there territory again.

And we must not forget there technology is at least on par with Bord, they have Transwarp capability, and have successfuly defended there territory from the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
I think the "heresy" accusations heaped upon a scientist's "Distant Origin" theory and the fact they held Voyager hostage to blackmail him into retracting it, even though he had hard proof, is a good indicator that the Voth want nothing to do with Earth. Their leadership considered the very notion a threat to their way of life.
This. It would completely destroy everything that the race had become. They wouldnt' be happy with the idea of joining Starfleet. They wouldn't be happy with the idea of knowing that a planet called Earth ever existed. it would create sheer chaos throughout their entire society. They are better off staying in the Delta Quadrant and isolating themselves from everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Not to be rude or dismissive, (there are some great ideas in here,) but there are a host of un- or under-utilized races in the trek universe right in the Alpha Quadrant, which is why I am so surprised to find Gamma Quadrant species have chased little voyager halfway across the galaxy at all.

There are millions of planets in the Star Trek galaxy with vestigial life, and thousands with developed life, and hundreds with intelligent life and dozens of those are within warp travel distance of Sol. Wiki lists over 600 mentioned in novels and various video incarnations of Star Trek, and the vast majority of those are Alpha Quadrant species.

Whatever happened to the Deltans, or the Bynar? The Dosi, Denebians or Numiri?

I, for one, would like to know where the Organians went. Weren't they contemporaries of the Iconians? What about the other races who helped to drive the Iconians out in the first place? Did they all just vanish into thin air after the Iconians lost? Or did they step out of time as apparently the Iconians have to await their enemy's return?

In my opinion, far too many species from the distant Delta Quadrant found their way to the Alpha, ignoring all the rich plunder and empty habitable worlds they passed along the way to get to the Alpha Quadrant, while a rich resource of Alpha quadrant species goes untapped.

I would like to discover the 'Iconians' are not Iconians at all, but one of their apprentice races who, upon the retirement of their masters, became the real villains, abusing their masters' technology as an apprentice wizard discovering his master's wand lying about untended.

Picard alluded to this in the episode "Contagion" when he said that history is written by the victors.

This is but one example. Many such examples are available. The pre-warp hibernation colony ships like the Botany Bay of Kahn fame is another. Certainly not all the Augmented Humans were captured and re-integrated into humanity. And can we forget the Son'a so quickly?