Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I think the direction that others and myself are coming from is that this is a race directly link to humans and the planet Earth so it would be interesting to see them make some sort of appearance.

Unlike the other races you have mentioned the Voth could just make an appearance where as many of those you have mentioned are in sirius and regulas sector (no more than 2-4 minutes standard warp travel away on the sector map). I think its better for the Devs to sort out the sector space so its more fitting for trek, before introducing any races we have already seen so many times as it would just be pointless to have them suddenly appear after all this time in places we are always passing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I love the Voth, but I think we should leave them for gamma exploration. It is my hope that the big space map both grows and also becomes seamless. There is a lot of storyline potential for these guys, and the storyline is quite parallel to that of Galileo... Which is I think what inspired this storyline.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
the storyline is quite parallel to that of Galileo... Which is I think what inspired this storyline.
Huh. I always thought it was inspired by the original Planet of the Apes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian334
...which is why I am so surprised to find Gamma Quadrant species have chased little voyager halfway across the galaxy at all...In my opinion, far too many species from the distant Delta Quadrant found their way to the Alpha,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
I love the Voth, but I think we should leave them for gamma exploration. It is my hope that the big space map both grows and also becomes seamless. There is a lot of storyline potential for these guys, and the storyline is quite parallel to that of Galileo... Which is I think what inspired this storyline.
Voyager was stuck in the Delta quadrant, the only race besides the borg who have made an appearance form there are the Hirogen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
Voyager was stuck in the Delta quadrant, the only race besides the borg who have made an appearance form there are the Hirogen.
Quinn's secretary on ESD is an Ocampan named Linnea.

Also, in one of the exploration missions, a scientific team has been abducted by a reptilian species from the Delta Quadrant. Hmm...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Quinn's secretary on ESD is an Ocampan named Linnea.

Also, in one of the exploration missions, a scientific team has been abducted by a reptilian species from the Delta Quadrant. Hmm...
That's just one person, not a race and you can't interact with her.

Sometimes the Devs put teasers in the game or references to things from Trek lore even if they are not in STO...yet so that reptilian race is probably that. which mission are you referring to anyway?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
That's just one person, not a race and you can't interact with her.
The species is still making an appearence in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
which mission are you referring to anyway?
One of the "Investigate Base" missions - you investigate a facility to find out where the scientists have all gone. You discover that they opened up a wormhole to the Delta Quadrant as part of an experiment, and that they were then abducted by an unidentified reptilian species.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
06-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
The species is still making an appearence in the game.



One of the "Investigate Base" missions - you investigate a facility to find out where the scientists have all gone. You discover that they opened up a wormhole to the Delta Quadrant as part of an experiment, and that they were then abducted by an unidentified reptilian species.
Ah i know the one it was the Friday 13th mission, the one that's very short. i haven't played it so wouldn't know what surmised. Thanks for the spoiler lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Opening up the other side of the wormhole with some sectors would be nice. Or a Kazon invasion fleet!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
Ah i know the one it was the Friday 13th mission, the one that's very short. i haven't played it so wouldn't know what surmised. Thanks for the spoiler lol
No, it's not the Friday the 13th mission. It's an Exploration Cluster mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeleron
Opening up the other side of the wormhole with some sectors would be nice.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeleron
Or a Kazon invasion fleet!
I don't think the Kazon would want to pick a fight with the Feds in their own territory. However, since the Feds are busy with the Klingon war I guess it's plausible.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 PM.