Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP store
05-22-2012, 10:29 AM
for 12 consoles ultra rare kits mixed from other trades

would make people play pvp more
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
This is an often recommended idea among the PvP community.

Here's the noob perspective:

The single biggest barrier between you and PvP success is gear. You have to have the full set STF gear before you go into PvP or they will stomp you in six seconds.

The fact that this isn't true does not stop those who never PvP from believing that gear, or hax, are the primary bars to entry into PvP. I think special PvP gear or a PvP store, while rewarding to those who already PvP, would further discourage any noobs from getting involved. Why should I get roflstomped 100 times so I can get a console that will let me get roflstomped another 100 times so I can get a beam to go with that console so I can be...

Creating 'reward' incentives for PvP only rewards those who already are, or already would, participate in PvP. Emphasize the challenge, the necessity for teamwork, the gripping, edge of your seat gameplay, the fun, but please don't turn PvP into a gear-grind.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
and have it at Drozona station being the pvp zone
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2012, 01:55 PM
well it is another idea to get endgame loot and promote the sorry shape of pvp
which I do like just not currently on STO
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Many moons ago we had pvp tokens...one could get the then coveted covariant mk x cap3 shields from those tokens...alas those days of tokens are over and we now have pink crystals.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Combat Credits?
Used to buy items from a store devoted just to PvP made of items that already exist ingame but are otherwise of a grind nature?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian334
This is an often recommended idea among the PvP community.

Here's the noob perspective:

The single biggest barrier between you and PvP success is gear. You have to have the full set STF gear before you go into PvP or they will stomp you in six seconds.

The fact that this isn't true does not stop those who never PvP from believing that gear, or hax, are the primary bars to entry into PvP. I think special PvP gear or a PvP store, while rewarding to those who already PvP, would further discourage any noobs from getting involved. Why should I get roflstomped 100 times so I can get a console that will let me get roflstomped another 100 times so I can get a beam to go with that console so I can be...

Creating 'reward' incentives for PvP only rewards those who already are, or already would, participate in PvP. Emphasize the challenge, the necessity for teamwork, the gripping, edge of your seat gameplay, the fun, but please don't turn PvP into a gear-grind.
good thing gear is only half the work

Ive said it so many times, add some significant reward for pvp, new gear sets, like SWTOR <--- yes read cr@ptic... SWTOR actually has pvp vendors. Now dont pick on me because i dont play TOR, i wasn't even that bad but i dont play it anylonger.

ADD, some NICE, stuff u can GET as a REWARD for PVP'ing.

Make it a grindfest like STF, it will be better then what we have now anyway. At some point people we actuaqlly CARE to get a good team together in the queues because otherwise they will never get the gear... make a point system. ok so what if they are teamed against a good premade, they will still try their best and actually THINK what they do instead of blunty queue up because they will know beforehand they will miserably fail.

Unless its a pug vpug where the changes are pretty equal both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Sadly, most don't realize that gear is only 1/4 of it. People get killed in seconds even with the best gear. Team work is the key and op.

Fix pvp first then gear. People will only go afk for gear because pvp is broken.

Anyway, today was the last day I pvp on a regular bases.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
id be okay with any different kind of award or pvp currency only gear. they could sell em too, that would be the catch. pvp ships on the c-store. thats what will happen, everyone cant reasobly get them, so therefore the divide will seperate further.

fix the mechanics first i say. keep people who are already in a little more stable. at this time everytime i hear something about a powers change on an upcoming patch....its like im a buillion dollar investor and its election year. no one is sure who is gonna do whatever with taxs and stuff. and so i dont change my build much or level another toon...because it might just be worthless.

and thats what pvp'rs do. build and test. practice piloting and teamwork. pieces keep changing man, and that will tick people off. it kills gameplans.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
People would FLOCK to pvp if it had rewards. Want to know the most amazing thing?

PVP items could have the exact same stats as stf items but have a different visual change on your ship and players would fall all over themselves pvping to get them.

How about a Jem'hadar Maco shield that gives your ship purple nacelles? Or a reman version of the MACO shield? Green borg one? How many people would grind pvp just to have one of each?

People do things for equipment and for the ability to alter the looks of their in game avatar. It doesn't have to be different, or pvp only. Just make it DESIRABLE and they will flock to it.