Lt. Commander
# 11
05-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm starting to look forward to this now. That does look really interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
My only thought is, will bases be capturable and destroyable. As if a fleet can invade another's base to take it over so the fleet has 2 bases and more then its gona be dull. Also defend the base missions which the article touches on. Well if the base isnt in real danger of being blown up then whats the point. If you lose the mission does all that happen say you failed the mission but still have the base i mean thats stupid. Bases need real value tied to them imo if you put all that effort in then they must be worth something to those that build them and so they need to be able to lose them or they blow up otherwise they lose alot of value as once there built then u dont have to worry about them.

They better be in persistent states i.e anyone can fly up to them and either attack or comm them etc if there instant states then this will fail big time. Nobody wants a base without it being involved in the whole game where anything can happen.

But the pics show the stations and they do look nice well the big one with the framework exposed like it really is being worked on looks cool i do hope that is visable alot in different stages of building and see workabees and ships building the station of better yet get players do manually build it with workerbees

Also i hope the season 6 launch includes ALL of the things starbases and fleets need not just a start of the feature and it develops over season 6 into 7. They have had 6 months to work on season 6 since f2p came out. As we have seen in the past that seasons seem to say well have this and that but then when there out they say well we got this done and thats there but for the rest ull have to wait as it rolls out over the season which sorry but is balls.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
The Tier Progression is the most interesting thing about it all to me, excited to see it in action
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
5 Tiers?! There was me thinking it would be a one off thing, sounds amazing, that's like 5 different designs they've made.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2012, 11:56 AM
uhhhhh the countdown to season 6 has begun. I can not except the release

Greetings

Jack
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I want to see klingon bases been shown as i have a feeling that klingon faction will not get as much as feds will maybe they will get one base and no tiers which i really hope they dont do that otherwise its gona pee us klingon players right off. Equal attention or dont bother.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
My only thought is, will bases be capturable and destroyable.
Bear in mind that this is Star Trek Online, not EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Bare in mind also that star trek is in a state of war and yes eve has features like this and so what every game copies other games so why not just do what others do. It would bring alot of fun and teamwork to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
System sounds interesting, can't wait to read more about this.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Such an epic article, just when STOked went all doom and gloom to, no offence to Jupiter broadcasting but what was said in episode 124 was just so wrong.

The design is beautiful, it's just a real shame that we haven't got a peek at the Klingon Fleet Starbases, always left out of big articles like this which makes me sad.

I am however loving the fact that FS will be available in tiers from one to five, visibly showing a big difference between each, both in the starbase construction and the surrounding environment, that's amazing!

All that's comes next is for the details of the design mechanics to be released, and that's been sounding more and more similar to the ideas in the "Fleet Starbase Summary Concept Beta" thread. I want to know so badly if I've helped at all in any way influence the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
ROFL Yeah! Funny part it says Stahl came to him a few weeks ago and said we better get STARTED on Starbases. Oh yes yes yes they are coming... Just as soon as I tell the guy to get started working on them when I can remember to tell him in a few weeks.
Come on keep it to the facts of the article, twisting words is bad...

What was said was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Mattson
It seems like just a couple of weeks ago that Dan Stahl, STO's Executive Producer, approached me...