Lt. Commander
# 211
05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
A nice tease for the artwork. I just hope other versions will be available at later dates. Say for instance a fleet wants a Drozana based look or something.
Lt. Commander
# 212
05-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonyx View Post
C-Store points... do you think they're going to give ANYTHING away ingame for free other than lockboxes (which you have to spend C-Store points to open)?

Ashes to ashes,
Pheonyx
Last I looked we got a whole FE and new STF's for free.
Lt. Commander
# 213
05-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Thread is a bit long so I don't know if it's been addressed before, but I hope there will be uploadable decals or some other means of customization available at some point. Of course I realize that there would be issues with decals, such as the inevitable ***** within the first few minutes of starbases going live, but surely there could be some safeguards. If only fleet members can board the base anyway, it might not be so bad at least.
Lt. Commander
# 214
05-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwoo
I hope there will be uploadable decals or some other means of customization available at some point
OMG that is a GREAT idea! Like in the transporter room "Welcome to Mariner 10 Spacestation, Home of the TOS Veterans Flee" along with our logo. That is a great idea!! If they could do one of these in every main area we could customise our Starbase!!
Lt. Commander
# 215
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
I know Cryptic is always looking for new ways to make money, so I suppose in an effort to prevent obscene images from being uploaded, you could implement something like in Second Life, where you have to pay maybe 100 or 200 CP to upload an image. Of course, it would be helpful if there was a feature to be able to preview how it looked in your base before committing to the upload too. The fee shouldn't be outrageous, but at least enough to dissuade the less mature among us from just casually uploading questionable material. For those with too much money, they could always be reported.