Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 vesta class an idea
05-22-2012, 11:24 AM
we have heard of universal bridge officer slots and consoles but how about for the vesta class universal ship
so when you acquire it you pic whether its going to be a escort , cruiser or science ship with stats modified by choice and make a similar ship for klinks that way you wont have people crying over another fed cruiser design. make slipstream drive last longer and have a 15 second cool down on all three types and in the books she is listed as being outfited with cannons
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Yea I think having a u niversal ship might be fun!

But the vesta is a science ship through and through.

Maybe a newer type/design?

It would make PvP more interesting if you don't know what they are gonna come at you as.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3 reply
05-22-2012, 11:56 PM
actually its an explorer built as a follow up to the sovereign with new tech but after all that time in service some could have been refitted to act as science vessels and some could have been outfitted for war
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus22
we have heard of universal bridge officer slots and consoles but how about for the vesta class universal ship
so when you acquire it you pic whether its going to be a escort , cruiser or science ship with stats modified by choice and make a similar ship for klinks that way you wont have people crying over another fed cruiser design. make slipstream drive last longer and have a 15 second cool down on all three types and in the books she is listed as being outfited with cannons
Perhaps you should rename the thread to Universal type ship rather than use of the word Vesta. From listening to the Priority One podcast I've heard that the ship is coming to the game along with a bunch of others but i don't think that will be for at least a few months. When the Vesta finally does come, it will probably be sold in the same style as the Odyssey but in a more developed form from user feedback.

I do like the idea and it would even better if you'd change it to another type say after 30 days or after you pay a small amount in dilithium or otherwise, maybe a key option like for the lock boxes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-05-2012, 04:12 AM
The Vesta is already in the game. It's a variant of Movie-version of the Constitution. It's a cruiser you get at LtC.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farginaut View Post
The Vesta is already in the game. It's a variant of Movie-version of the Constitution. It's a cruiser you get at LtC.
That's the Vesper. Vesta is a different ship entirely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-06-2012, 05:49 PM
The Nebula is already the flex vessle with universal slots. It has a Universal Lt. Commander and Ensign slots at tier 5.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-06-2012, 06:57 PM
but techniqly Nebulas are science ships
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
The Nebula is already the flex vessle with universal slots. It has a Universal Lt. Commander and Ensign slots at tier 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elis_Grant
but techniqly Nebulas are science ships
Your referring to slots and bridge officer ships the Original post refers to having a universal ship which could be engineer, escort or science. an in game example of this is the C store odyssey which has three purchasable versions from those categories.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
Your referring to slots and bridge officer ships the Original post refers to having a universal ship which could be engineer, escort or science. an in game example of this is the C store odyssey which has three purchasable versions from those categories.
No the Odyssey is a Cruiser it's not a Universal ship, it will never be as Damage intensive as an Escort or Science orientated as a Sci Vessel. Sensor Analyse does not a Science Vessel make.

Your want Universal look at the BoP, as capable as being an Escort a Support vessel or a Sci Vessel, the only thing it can't do it tank.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 PM.